You've got to be kidding me!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mychickensrock, Jan 14, 2009.

1. mychickensrock

mychickensrock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Just happened to notice this new label on the toilet paper...
    [​IMG]
    notice the symbol on the left side of the package
    [​IMG]
    FLUSHABLE really?! Toilet paper is flushable?! Whoda thunk it? Is there NON-flushable toilet paper? This has me curious.

2. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. coffeelady3

coffeelady3 Froths Milk for Hard Cash

Jun 26, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    There are septic systems that can't handle some toilet paper. Something about how it degrades down in the system....

4. mychickensrock

mychickensrock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    what in the world do those people do? i just thought that was hilarious! in fact, i laughed out loud in the grocery store.

5. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    and all this time i've been telling the kids one square and throw it in the trash!

we could've been flushing away, but OH NO! about time they invented flushable toilet paper. [​IMG]

6. coffeelady3

coffeelady3 Froths Milk for Hard Cash

Jun 26, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    In those cases you do throw the TP away. There are other country's that have sewer systems that can process out the paper. In those cases, it has to go in the trash. (This was the case when I went to Quito, Ecuador) Thank your lucky stars you are fortunate enough to have state-of-the-art sewer systems.

7. chickabator

chickabator Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    there is this one that we used a while back it is called tempo boy it was better than any tp we had ever had even charmin trouble it messed our septic tank up and we had to have it pumped. we had got a real good deal on it at big lots 13.00 for 72 rolls and it was so soft. and didn't leave all that nasty little stuff like lint when wet but it is no good for a septic tank. It clogged my sil & bil sewer pipes too and they have city sewage and had to get it fixed .

8. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    but this was sold HERE, in the U.S. most people here would ASSUME the paper was going into the toity. that makes it downright hilarious! i would have laughed in the store too!

we have a septic tank and were told that Northern was horrible for septics. maybe they redid something that makes it break down easier.

i'm going to be laughing all night over that now.

9. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

It might have to do with RV tanks, too. We weren't able to use certain brands of TP because the RV tank couldn't break it down. Does sound kind of silly to have that on the package, though!

10. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:Ah, a fellow "gringa" in Quito? I was there for 2 years or so. [​IMG]

I have a septic tank, we are really careful about anything that goes down the drain! But yes, FUNNY label! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by