YUCCKKKYYYY!!! and a ?

PaulaJoAnne

Songster
10 Years
Jul 30, 2009
So, you know how once in a while, you get an egg that has a bit of a chicken coop/poop flavor?
Its happened to us about 4-5 times in the last 6 months, and I must say, it is a shock to bite into one.
Today was the worst.
I boiled up 6 eggs and made deviled eggs.
I just popped one in my mouth, and nearly had my belly pop up my throat!!!
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif

From now on, I will taste a tiny bit of each yolk before mixing them together like that
sickbyc.gif

Anyone know why this happens?
And for the record, these were fresh eggs, and they were very clean as well.

ewe,,,,,,in lots of years of chickens, never had that........Now i will say that there was a time when i picked up eggs around the ranch that were questionable as to how long they were hanging around (like piles of eggs that chickens were planning on sitting on, and??? happened) Are you sure this is a fresh egg????
and edited to say, i hope that doesnt sound mean or rude. It's just that i was trying to think if you *knew* that this was fresh, or if you too picked up random eggs like we did whre there were mixed fresh and not so fresh together.

Last edited:
is that possibly the weird flavor they say eggs will get if the chickens eat onions or garlic??

never had a wierd tasting egg, and haven't tried feeding mine onions or garlic and waiting for the next eggs.. lol...

Quote:
I have fed mine lots of onions and garlic and never had a bad taste from them. I have a Polish that will pick through the kitchen scraps till she finds her onion or garlic and then runs off with it so she does not have to share. When she was sick a while back the only thing I could get her to eat...(and I tried EVERYTHING) was noodles with a ton of garlic on them......DH says she loves her garlic just like her Mom.... (me).
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom