Yuck, spring cleaning stinks!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Bettacreek, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    I'm trying to get our spring cleaning done, and, as you can see, I'm just not that into it, lol. We've just got so much junk that needs to go, a futon that hasn't been used in two years, an extra baby swing, TONS of clothes (some of which I've been fighting with hubby to get rid of, grrr) and just all kinds of junk that has been packratted away that we'll never use, like having two EXTRA computers and some computer equipment, bed sheets galore (for two different bed sizes, and I'm buying new ones for the new bed, darn it), along with papers and crap from five years ago that isn't necessary anymore. We have baby clothes from our son (who's 15 months now) that I would love to freecycle, but we have another due in early April, so I've been holding onto it. *Sigh* I swear, it's going to take me until NEXT spring to get this crap taken care of.

2. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    I love spring just hate spring cleaning!
    Hate washing walls cleaning out cabinets and closets!

3. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    I don't mind doing it, only I usually do it in January when it is dreary and cold out, by spring it is done and I can go outside and enjoy the crisp spring air!
    Also, lots of caffine helps [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2009
  4. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    If you don't mind spring cleaning, how about coming over for some coffee and helping out? Lmao. It doesn't help that it's hot as heck in here, I'm sweating up a storm, and I still have an inkling of yuckies from the flu, and the kiddo is still down with it, hubby's sleeping (so I have to be quiet as possible). Gah, I wish I could go to sleep and wake up to a clean home! Lol.

5. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    Quote:What kinda coffe do ya have? And did you say warm....it 12F here maybe Ill have to come over and give you a hand.[​IMG]

6. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Lol. Let's just say that I have been running back and forth to/from the laundromat, and I'm in a t-shirt and pants. The house is BURNING up, it's about 85F in here, lol.

And, it's Folgers Original all the way here, lol. [​IMG] Granted, any coffee is probably good after you doctor it up like we do (hot chocolate, creamer and a dash of sugar, lmao).

7. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Oh. My. God. I just did 12, count them, TWELVE loads of laundry. I swear, I'm going to join a nudest colony. I pulled all of the clothes out of our closets (baby clothes that Gremmie outgrew, summer clothes, etc), the curtains, summer bedding, winter bedding, etc, etc. I figured I should rewash everything that was being stored, sort through it all and get rid of what we won't use. I swear, I'm soon going to become "allergic" to Wisk HE detergent. And, shhhh, but I finally tossed a few of hubby's work clothes. In my defense, I just bought him new clothes for work, so it shouldn't be too big of a deal... "No, honey, I'm not sure what happened to all of your holey work pants, I guess it's a good thing I just bought you new ones, huh?"
    I have a ton of people that I'm trying to work with from freecycle, trying to sort out who's picking up what and when, and finding more junk to throw onto the list for someone else to claim. Can't wait to get some of these clothes and such onto freecycle, I'll be glad to get rid of some of them.

8. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    I prefer spring baking by far.

9. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Don't you guys know that this week is National Procrastination Week?? So put it off already would ya??? [​IMG]

10. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Procrastination week? What's that? Who needs a week for it when your life revolves around it?! Lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by