YUCK WE ARE FLOODED!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickabator, Jan 7, 2009.

1. chickabator

chickabator Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    It is flooding here !! Now this afternoon they say it is going to snow and are giving us 3 inches. my whole yard is flooded 3 of my runs are also. now I have to go out and feed the girls and boys and wade through water that is about 4 inches deep and I don't have any boots!!!!! I bet you I fall and bust my rump lol oh well I guess the ground will catch me.

2. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh no! I hate wading through muck and flooded runs/pens. More than once my boot stayed put in the muck and I kept going. This is lovely in a horse or chicken pen on your socked or bare foot. I have also fallen on my bum and been completely mud soaked.[​IMG] [​IMG]

But you MUST go buy a pair of boots. I could not have my chicks and farm animals without a pair. Lots of online sites have deeply discounted spring rain boots in lots of fun colors and patterns right now, so it is a great time to get a pair.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  3. davidb

davidb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2008
    north east Georgia
    Wish you luck and steady feet

4. chickabator

chickabator Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    thanks

5. AllChookUp

AllChookUp Will Shut Up for Chocolate

May 7, 2008
    Frozen Lake, MN
    Wow - sorry to hear about that, chickabator.

Just yesterday I was thinking about how spring will be for us as all the snow melts and everything is mucky. But at least ours will mostly run off down the hill.

I hope things clear us for you. Get some boots!!!

6. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    Yeah chickabator same down here in Somerset...I have to cross a 4-5 ft wide mini creek that has built up in the low part between the house and the coop. But I got boots for Christmas so I just trudge on through. It is good for the walk back though because I stop by our instacreek and rinse of the boots as I cross. [​IMG]

7. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]....BUT get yourself those boots!!!!

8. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

TSC has tall muck boots for $25-39.00. Depending on what you want to spend and the style. They are WONDERFUL! No worries when you have to slog through the mud and muck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by