yuck

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by annie3001, Jan 24, 2011.

1. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    hello.
    soooo i sell eggs by the dozen at my work:). a very good friend of mine usually eats one a day. she hardboils it etc.
    well me and some other co-workers are sitting in the break room having coffee etc. and my friend with the egg adds salt and pepper , take a seat next to me and bites her egg. it was green inside.[​IMG]....i was so embarrased. have no idear why! she eats one everyday too! she threw it in the trash. why did this happen. she did not over cook it.[​IMG] strange. i was embarrased. [​IMG]

2. emys

emys Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    Idaho
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  3. axion_lotus

axion_lotus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2011
    Central NC
    It's really likely that your friend just over-boiled the egg, but if you're certain she absolutely didn't overcook it, maybe it could be this:

I read something in a book the other day that a hen's diet will affect the color of her egg yolk. The book said that possible causes for a hen's egg to be green inside could be that maybe your gal took a bite out of some acorns or shepherd's purse, if stuff like that grows in your area.

But it doesn't say anything about green eggs being bad to eat or anything. [​IMG] So not to worry.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by