Yummy Chicken Treats are Falling from the Sky!

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by augustmomx2, Aug 4, 2010.

1. augustmomx2

augustmomx2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Cicadas are falling from the sky [​IMG] I just spent the last hour checking my backyard for cicadas on the ground for my girls. Note to self...the black ones are dead, the greenish ones aren't dead yet...yeah figured that out when I picked up the greenish ones and dd FREAKED out [​IMG]

2. urbanfarmer101

urbanfarmer101 Chillin' With My Peeps

I can just see myself out there picking them up, complete with gloves and tongs!

3. BeccaB00

BeccaB00 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Kansas
    [​IMG] ahhh ur chickens r gonna luuuuuv u!

4. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    Quote:How brave of you augusmomx2! What a great source of protein. It is hard to get over the vibrating/screeching when you pick one up. [​IMG]

5. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

After giving a few odd looks and a peck or two, two of my girls steered clear of the one I showed to them in my yard (alive). Now after the other two hens ran over...that poor bug was quickly put out of its misery... [​IMG]

6. rrgrassi

rrgrassi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Royse City
    No More cicadas in my trees now...but since my area is in the trees, they got plenty of treats while the cicadas were available.

7. augustmomx2

augustmomx2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Quote:How brave of you augusmomx2! What a great source of protein. It is hard to get over the vibrating/screeching when you pick one up. [​IMG]

Hysterical! [​IMG] You must have picked one up yourself [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by