Yummy ~ Dark Chocolate Chips 12+ BBS Marans

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by aceschix, May 14, 2011.

1. aceschix

aceschix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2009
    New Hampshire
    These will ship on Tuesday, May 17, 2011, to ensure safe delivery!

I have a Blue Birchen Marans Rooster over Blue, Blue Splash and Black Copper Marans. Thus the Dark Chocolate chips [​IMG] I have 100% fertility on these in my Spring hatches.

If you want beautiful DARK eggs you have come to the right place. I think the birds are beautiful too [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hatched all of these birds here last spring from eggs I got from fellow BYCers (thank you all).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please excuse his comb... it was a moist cold winter here in New England [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fertility has been great.

We all know the risks associated with buying shipped eggs. I will do my very best and pack them well to protect them from any bumpy rides they may travel. They will be individualy wrapped and pakaged well.

Thank you for looking!

(Disclaimer here to the serious Marans breeders - Bev Davis tells me that my roo is a Blue Marans who is carrying both a silver and a gold gene. Bred with the BCM he should throw Black and Blue Copper Marans. Over the Blue & Splash he should throw Blue/Splash and Blue/Splash birchen, maybe even a Blue Copper.) I will be breeding and culling in the coming years to get to straight Blue Birchen) Bev if you see this feel free to correct anything I may have misenterpreted. Thank you!

Edited to add that I have hatched a great variety of colors from this mix - nothing fruity! I have a Black Birchen hen growing out some great Blue Coppers and Black Coppers. One I think is going to stay solid blue and still waiting to see if a few Blues will feather in with any Birchen. Love the grab bag aspect of these eggs!

Last edited: May 14, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by