Yummy!!

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by DottieMarie, Aug 10, 2008.

1. DottieMarie

DottieMarie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    South East MI
    [​IMG]
    Here's our first chicken meal of home grown chickens. I posted here a couple days ago, processing day; and I was miserable thinking about what these chickens had to go through for us. But, now we're enjoying their contribution.
    Boy was this one good meal!! My DH believes this is the BEST chicken he's ever eaten and is determined we'll do this again. I have to agree, even with the tears and feeling so bad.....just knowing how healthy the meat is but now we also know first hand that the taste is superior.

2. menageriemama

menageriemama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    Lake Nebagamon, WI
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Way to go!!! Looks delish

3. FFChick

FFChick Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2008
    NJ
    Funny Story, well I thought it was.

My husband went to visit his childhood friend who moved from the NJ suburbs to New Hampshire. His friend now runs an organic farm. It seems they eat a lot of the things they raise. The friend's little 3 year old son asked when we they going to eat the dog. Funny what comes out of toddlers mouths.

I'm new to having chickens (6) and I'm not ready to eat mine yet, but when I'm up to thirty like I hear people have maybe then. Right now are just enjoying their eggs.

Enjoy your dinner!

4. mommy9994

mommy9994 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    central VA
    Looks VERY yummy!

My 4yo daughter thinks we are supposed to eat everything LOL She told dh that his dog (a little bitty doxi) "isn't big enough for soup!"

5. DottieMarie

DottieMarie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    South East MI
    FFChick My husband went to visit his childhood friend who moved from the NJ suburbs to New Hampshire. His friend now runs an organic farm. It seems they eat a lot of the things they raise. The friend's little 3 year old son asked when we they going to eat the dog

[​IMG]

This was very much a learning experience and from start to end.....I'm glad we did it!!​

6. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    Quote:[​IMG]

I am rolling on the floor laughing. Very funny!!

7. Daycare Mom

Daycare Mom Chickens, Cuddly and Delicious

Apr 9, 2008
    Conklin, Michigan
    Looks Yummy!

Funny what comes out of toddlers mouths.

One of my daycare kids told their mom "Don't look at those chicks mom they are just dinner chickens" I thought I would have to pick the moms jaw up off the floor! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by