Yup, we're broke, struggling along- But Life Is Still OK!

This has been so wonderful, I don't feel so alone now! DH is truly amazed at the way BYCers pull together in tough times. It's rather like a small town, only the people are nicer! The small town we live near could use a few moderators to make them play nice!
lol.png

Thanks to all of you who have chimed in!
hugs.gif

I had forgotten to mention the BYC sister sites www.sufficientself.com and www.theeasygarden.com . They are both wonderfully helpful and informative sites- and I need to get in there more often!

And I glanced at my original post this morning and realized I had left out something VERY important
th.gif

No matter how frustrating or scary it gets, always keep your sense of humor!

Quote:
I don't dog paddle very well, but I am very good at treading water! The chin up is a given, never lose your self respect.

The only thing you can control is your attitude, not what happens to you.
Thank you for being such an inspiration.
It is hard for so many now, but it always warms the heart to see someone with such a great spirit.
I have no doubt you posting will help someone else look at life differently.

How about some recipes that can be frozen?????

My mom just found a recipe for Buttermilk Biscuits (seems pretty simple to make) It makes 2 dozen

1/2 cup cold butter
2 1/4 cups self rising soft wheat flour
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
Self-rising soft wheat flour
2 Tbsp. melted butter

1. Cut butter with a sharp knife or pastry blender into 1/4 inch thick slices. Sprinkle butter slices over flour in large bowl. Toss butter with flour. Cut butter into flour with a pastry cutter or blender until crumbly and mixture resembles small peas. Cover and chill 10 minutes. Add buttermilk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
2. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead 3 or 4 times, gradually adding additional flour as needed. With floured hands, press or pat dough into a 3/4 inch thick rectangle (about 9 x 5 inches) Sprinkle top of dough with additional flour. Fold dough over onto itself in 3 sections, starting with 1 short end. (Fold dough rectangle as if folding a letter size piece of paper) Repeat entire process 2 more times, beginning with pressing into a 3/4 inch thick dough rectangle (about 9 x 5 inches)
3. Press or pat dough to 1/2 inch thickness on a lightly floured surface; cut into a 2 inch round cutter, and place, side by side, on a parchement paper lined or lightly greased jelly-roll pan. Dough rounds should touch.
4. Bake at 450 degrees for 13 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven; brush with 2 Tbsp of melted butter.

You can add this to this recipe for Cinnamon-Raisin Biscuits:
Omit melted butter and combine 1/2 cup golden rainsins, 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, and 1/3 cup chopped pecans with flour in large bowl. Proceed with recipe as directed. Stir together half cup powdered sugar and 2 Tbsp. buttermilk until smooth. Drizzle over warm biscuits. Makes 2 1/2 dozen.

You can also add cheddar cheese to the biscuit recipe. Lots of things you could add to this recipe.

yup Broke as broke could be for me too!!!! Everyone around us thinks we have money to burn because of the material things we have! Now let me tell you its taken 20 years to buy and acquire these things. The economy wiped out prospective jobs to finish paying for these things-struggling is our middle name right now-when we were younger, just starting our family, it was like that too-but we came out of it. We are now back to square one. The difference is now we have a greater respect for eachother and God-he will provide in his own time. Until then, we are holding on and just staying as positive as possible even through the bad. We learn to laugh a whole lot more at things that used to make us argue:)

My family is doing okay, just less better than last year.... We are cutting back on spending. Buying what we have too, Christmas is going to be one gift for whole family. I will keep all of you who are going through financial troubles, job losses in my prayers! I am truly blessed, every day is a good day, fresh slate! God bless you, Happy Thanksgiving! Theresa

Back
Top Bottom