1. CrazyChickie

CrazyChickie New Egg

Sep 6, 2016
    Chicken is making weird, jerky head movement. What cou nod be wrongjust started. She was messing with pebbles.I have video, but dunno how to upload.

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    How does her crop feel? Full, empty, soft, or firm? Could she be adjusting her crop after eating? You can post a video to YouTube and post a link here.

3. CrazyChickie

CrazyChickie New Egg

Sep 6, 2016

She let me massage her crop, and she's usually not super big on being held. She was doing it a lot, and now I haven't seen her do it in a long time. Is it possible sth just got stuck there and passed? Crop was full, but felt like the other chickens', rather soft. I was just so worried. If it comes back, I'll post video. I hope it was just something little. She's scratching in the dirt now, all active again (she was more quiet than usual when she was jerking her neck around).

Thanks, eggcessive

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  4. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Maybe she just had something in her crop that passed on to her gizzard. Hopefully, she is okay now. Keep plenty of cool water in several spots and a little chick grit near where they eat to help prevent problems.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by