ZAAAP! breakfast is served!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Ravishaw, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Ravishaw

Ravishaw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    I irrigate every other week. That's water 8 inches deep all over my property but my house, driveway and the coop area.

I hate mosquitos.

Installed 7000 volt bug zapper complete with attractive smelling wax for the little suckers.

Now at night I enjoy watching from my window as little sparks drop from the bug zapper. Where did I put it? Right next to the chicken coop. Now when my hens wake up in the morning that's right where they congregate to spread the morning gossip and first handful of scratch. hahaha!

Protein is protein, but their morning protein comes fried!

2. The Chickens' Maid

The Chickens' Maid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    CT
    [​IMG]

3. eggcited2

eggcited2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Illinois
    [​IMG]

4. HurlyBurly

HurlyBurly New Egg

Jul 16, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Sounds delicious!

Do you have any links to information on the smelly wax version of the bug zapper.

From what I've seen the versions that use light to attract bugs miss all mossies & kill of too many of the good bugs. I'd love to find something that targets the mosquitoes!

I had been slapping the ones that were feeding on me and passing those on to the girls, but then I wondered if they might develop a taste for my blood - could I still sleep safe at night?

5. Jiff

Jiff Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2009
    Bennett, NC
    We've been having really bad mosquito problems this year and we put up a bug zapper on the coop as well. It can't keep up with them, but it has been the only thing so far that has helped a lot.

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Just the way they like it!!! [​IMG]

7. OHhappychicks

OHhappychicks Overrun With Chickens

May 2, 2009
    Hillsboro,OH
    Very creative!! [​IMG] I'm sure your flock loves it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by