Zane's Solution to Big Brother Gabe's Harrassment

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by speckledhen, Feb 5, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gabriel is 15 weeks old and dragging his wing around his horrified little 10 week old brother, Zane. Today, he actually had Zane by the back of the head for some "practice" with Zane screeching and struggling to get loose. Gabe is still too scared of the ladies here-none are his own age and they're mean to him, even his own mother, Lexie. Zane has obviously found out where safety lies around this place-his human mom or dad!

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Hahahahaha! I have photos of my kids with the hens up there pretty as can be like they are hiding from everyone else up on the top of the head.

3. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    LOL only my delawares would ever do that we will see when they get put in with the new girls this weekend.

Henry

4. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    That's funny... Remember, Chickens poop on everything. [​IMG]

5. speckledhen

Yes, we know. BOY, do we know! We change our clothes at least once or twice a day because of it. Zane is the sweetest, most cuddly baby we've ever had. He wants to bury his head under my shirt and go to sleep all the time; he follows us around like a puppy and comes when called. What a doll he is! Now, if Gabriel could just get up the nerve to flirt with the girls and not his baby brother, I'd be happier and so would Zane.

6. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    smart bird, but thats gotta hurt ! your dh is going to need a saddle for his head. [​IMG]

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

LOL!

8. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    [​IMG] That reminds me of Hazel when she first met my cockerel. She was not impressed with him and spent a lot of time on my shoulder.

9. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    Maybe Gabriel is gender confused,

[​IMG]

10. speckledhen

My DH said, "Are we sure that Zane is Zane and not Zoe?" With Lexie as his mom, I'm not sure of anything, LOL, but that's quite a comb for a 10 week old BR if it's a girl. Zane also has some shiny feathers coming in at the saddle and hackle area. Gabriel is just picking on the only one he can right now-everybody else is just way too scary and mean! I remember a Barred Rock cockerel I used to have, Maverick, always danced around Suede. Both, very definitely boys. He was just practicing, LOL.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by