zap

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jarvis, Oct 16, 2011.

1. jarvis

jarvis Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2011
    potosi
    i have no clue what to call "her" color or what breed she is .. she has five toes .. pea comb (or rose ??) she acts like a hen .. runs arondwith a australop hen that i raised her with .. shes the size of a 8 week old chick.. and shes 4and a 1/2 months old .. lol .. shes soooo smalll .. [​IMG] i seen her parents and they were standards .. ? she tiny lol .. shes had a very red comb since she was 8 weeks old .. but im convinvced she is a hen ..

what does everyone else think of my frizzle
    next to the australop for sz comparison .. my ten week olds are bigger than her now .. =/ lol

[​IMG]

love this picture of her .. <3
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  2. cambriagardener

cambriagardener Chillin' With My Peeps

Whaaat? I'm sorry I can't help you. I've never seen anything like it. Did you hatch the eggs? Someone here will know. Thanks for sharing you "little one". [​IMG]

3. jarvis

May 12, 2011
    potosi
    i got her when she was a couple weeks old from a breeder about 45 minutes from where i live .. i got two others with this one that i gave to my aunt that wernt anywhere as interesting as her .. one was smooth.. the other was a normal frizzle i have old pics of it somewhere .. =/ lol the smooth one was solid black ... with black skin and five toes .. the frizzle was a red with black tips .. also had five toes .. and yellow skin if i remember right .. ? =/ weird little mutt but i love her .. shes adorable ..

4. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    i want to say double frizzle but i am not sure...u sure she/hes from standered chickens? does it have feathers on its legs or am i seeing things?

5. bloom_ss

bloom_ss Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2011
    Spokane Valley, WA
    A Sizzle?? The 5 toes could have come from silkie parentage maybe. I'm not very good at this guessing thing though...lol

6. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    Definitely looks like she's part silkie!

7. jarvis

May 12, 2011
    potosi
    yes she has leg feathering [​IMG] ang yeah her parents were the size of my standard girls .. i seen them .. her silkies she had were bigger than this tiny thing too ..

8. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    Well, if the parents were part silkie, she may have gotten 2 sets of recessive small genes. [​IMG]

9. jarvis

May 12, 2011
    potosi
    hmm double frizzle and double tiny gene ... then theres her color .. shes all kinds of against the odds hahaha [​IMG] i love her .. [​IMG]

10. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    I have noooooo idea, but I'm going to subscribe to this post in the hope that you will continue to provide updates on her....for example, when and if she lays an egg etc. She's definitely one of the more interesting chickens I've seen! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by