ZEBRA FINCHES!!!! Look at my new kids!

Discussion in 'Caged Birds - Finches, Canaries, Cockatiels, Parro' started by peepsnbunnies, Dec 15, 2009.

1. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    I saw an ad on Craigslist - a lady was downsizing on birds and I bought these adorable little Zebra Finches! They are so pretty and I love to hear them chattering. It has been 26 years since I last had finches (man am I getting old! Dang!) I forgot what a delight they are. I just keep sitting there watching and enjoying them. Why did I wait so long to get them again?!

[​IMG]

Does anyone know the correct name of their coloring? The ones I had before were normal coloring, these have a lot of white. They are soooo pretty!!

2. Lolita

Lolita Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    FL
    They are beautiful! Congrats [​IMG]

3. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    Awww...Very cute! I love my finches. Mine sleep together in a nest at night. I'm not sure about their color.

4. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    Lucky you! I think they are sooooo precious!

5. MomtoSyd&Emma

MomtoSyd&Emma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2009
    Southern VA
    You have pied Zebra finches, I believe I see 3 males and the rest females! Good luck with them, at one point I had over 30 of them! I only have 3 birds now, a Cockatiel, a Green Cheek Conure and a Alexandrine Parrot

6. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    So cute!

7. Melissakins

Melissakins Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2009
    South Alabama
    MomtoSyd&Emma :

You have pied Zebra finches, I believe I see 3 males and the rest females! Good luck with them, at one point I had over 30 of them! I only have 3 birds now, a Cockatiel, a Green Cheek Conure and a Alexandrine Parrot

I was going to say the same thing [​IMG] 3 boys and the rest girls.

They're gorgeous. I miss my finches. I had two, Priss and Tess. Loved their "beeping" they'd do at you [​IMG]

8. CaGoatLady

CaGoatLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2009
    Auburn, CA
    They're beautiful; can you hold them?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by