1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Zebra finches

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Jesus1144, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Jesus1144

Jesus1144 New Egg

Nov 15, 2015
    Hello I have a pair of zebra finches who have laid 4 eggs and they never hatched after 2 weeks so as soon as I was going to remove them I looked into the nest and now there is 6 eggs so they laid new ones next to the old ones and every time I candle their eggs they abandon them so what do I do?

2. sandreca

sandreca Out Of The Brooder

Oct 11, 2015
    Paintlick kentucky
    I would incubate them

3. Jesus1144

Jesus1144 New Egg

Nov 15, 2015
    Hello thanks for replying I appreciate it so much and I work so I don't have time for that is there another way to tell a new egg from an old egg without removing the nest or candleing them becaude I heard it's bad to have old eggs as they can release a lot of bacteria to the new eggs and this pair has raised 9 all white Zebra finches and I would like them to raise more

4. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I've had a few Zebra Finches, but never raised any so I'm not really qualified to give you any advice in this case, however I would suggest posting on our Caged Birds section in Other Backyard Poultry under the Forum at the top of the page and take advantage of our Zebra Finch experts there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

5. Jesus1144

Jesus1144 New Egg

Nov 15, 2015
    Than you so much!!

6. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    You're welcome.

8. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

Alright [​IMG] great to have you joining the BYC flock [​IMG]

Let the birds take care of the eggs I understand how hard it is but they thank you are interfering with their family [​IMG]

9. Frindizzle

Frindizzle Guitar Girl <3 Premium Member

Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

10. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

I've never raised finches but they certainly are pretty little birds. Good luck getting some of the eggs to hatch!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by