Zebra finches

Jesus1144

Hatching
Nov 15, 2015
Hello I have a pair of zebra finches who have laid 4 eggs and they never hatched after 2 weeks so as soon as I was going to remove them I looked into the nest and now there is 6 eggs so they laid new ones next to the old ones and every time I candle their eggs they abandon them so what do I do?

Hello thanks for replying I appreciate it so much and I work so I don't have time for that is there another way to tell a new egg from an old egg without removing the nest or candleing them becaude I heard it's bad to have old eggs as they can release a lot of bacteria to the new eggs and this pair has raised 9 all white Zebra finches and I would like them to raise more

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I've had a few Zebra Finches, but never raised any so I'm not really qualified to give you any advice in this case, however I would suggest posting on our Caged Birds section in Other Backyard Poultry under the Forum at the top of the page and take advantage of our Zebra Finch experts there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

jumpy.gif
D.gif
welcome-byc.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif

welcome-byc.gif

I've never raised finches but they certainly are pretty little birds. Good luck getting some of the eggs to hatch!

Back
Top Bottom