Zeus, my baby roo (here, brahmamama!)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by gritsar, May 10, 2008.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    First off, you MUST forgive him. He's in that awkward ugly stage right now, but I've shown him pics of what a handsome roo should look like. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

By the way, Zeus is the one that I am definitely keeping. I haven't made up my mind yet whether I'm keeping a dark roo along with him (Thor) or Zeus' light brother.
    I read on the forum all the time about people choosing a certain one to keep based on markings (for breeding, I guess), but I'm keeping Zeus cuz he's an absolute sweetheart. [​IMG] Heart over looks always wins with me.

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

He's a cutie! I got an Ideal Poultry sexing mistake at the feedstore, a Lt. Brahma boy, originally named Bess, later called Bart. He was an absolute doll! I regrettably sold him since I wasn't going to breed Brahmas, but I missed him for a long time. He was a very loving boy. You'll enjoy Zeus, I know it.

3. LinckHillPoultry

LinckHillPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Hes adorable [​IMG]

I bet he's an absolute sweetheart, but he is a good looking roo and should produce some absolute beautiful offspring!

4. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    South Dakota
    *Whistles* What a handsome stud! [​IMG] Now I have rooster envy, lol! He is going to be a beautiful boy when he grows up-shoot, he's a doll now! [​IMG] I loves me some feathered feet [​IMG]

5. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    Oooooh, almost makes me wish I'd ordered a roo to go with the girls I'll be getting at the end of the month. What a handsome fella.

6. Physics Mom

Physics Mom Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2008
    Fruita, Colorado
    He looks very self assured! I want one! I have 5 Lt. Brahma chicks, 1 week old, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for 1 (but not more) roosters....

7. Bisqit&Gravy

Bisqit&Gravy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Awww, what a cutie he is:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by