zicam

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by key west chick, Jan 5, 2009.

1. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Anyone ever use zicam when coming down with a cold? My parents are sick, my daughter is sick, DH was sick, girl that lives with us is sick.I started getting stuffy and an itchy throat on Saturday. Started using the nasal swabs. I swear I feel better. My sore throat is almost gone and my nose is only a little stuffy. Was wondering if anyone else had anything to say about it. Oh yeah, read where some people lost their sense of smell and had filed a lawsuit. Sounds like they misused it though.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    i have never used it..but my aunt swears by it....she says it really works....

3. Mojo Chick'n

Mojo Chick'n Empress of Chickenville

My youngest has spring/fall allergies, and he used to use the Zicam for allergies - it was great stuff. I've never tried the cold swabs.

meri

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

the cold swabs work wonders! I swear by them. They have several different methods available out there, but I recommend the nasal swabs. The spray and the lozenges taste so bad it is unprintable and you can't drink anything for 15 minutes aftereward. The swabs you only have towait 5 minutes before you blow you nose and there is no taste.

5. Blue Skys

Blue Skys Hi Mom!!

Nov 25, 2008
    Texas
    Yep, I use the generic zinc lozengers and yep they taste bad, and make everything else taste bad, but it's worth it to get rid of your cold, just be sure to use it until you feel 100% or else it will come back full force.

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    at the very first sign of a cold, use it...either the throat spray or the nose drops. It will knock a cold out pronto. Haven't had a cold in two years because of it.

I even start using it if anyone around me has a cold.

7. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    I second the "use till your 100% better". If you think your feeling better continue to use it, don't stop or the cold comes roaring back.

8. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    We use the cotton swab Zicam. I swear by it also! My dh works offshore, I send it with him out there too! I believe if you think something won't work, well it won't work for you not matter what people say. But this stuff has always come through for us, but I never doubted that it would not do what it was meant to do.
    If you read the instructions is says to use for at least 3 days after symptoms have disappered. I can't remember how often to use them, I want to say 3 or 4 times a day. And they often have coupons in the box for your next purchase.
    Kids can start using it at age 2, I used it on my kids just in the last week. They were sneezing, gave them lots of orange juice to drink, they ate oranges and I made them blow there nose alot, wash there hands and did the zicam.
    Love them thangs!!! I tell everybody about them too.

9. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    Edited: Sorry my comment posted twice on this end, I got a error on my end. Sorry!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  10. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    I'm taking the dissolving Zicam tablets as I type this.

Woke up a few days ago with that "Oh, I ain't feeling so good" feeling (Thursday morning, to be exact). Started on the Zicam every 4 hours and lots of herbal tea through out the day and as of today I'm feeling 100% better. Will take it another day or 2 just to make sure I'm completely over the cold.

Skip's mom turned us onto it last year and we don't go without it in the winter here.

Hope you all start feeling better soon! [​IMG]

Dawn

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by