Zimmerman charged

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickened

Crowing
9 Years
Oct 2, 2010
western Oregon
I have been loosely following this story and am seeing new evidence come out.

I would like to see others here offer their opinions and evidence that they have read.

This is for fun as I like problem solving and please no name calling and be civil.

Zimmerman is the man that killed a unarmed teenager in Flordia because he looked "suspicious" to him.

Ohh, I heard about that. It was in the newspaper the other day and I was reading about it...too bad it turned into a whole 'black and white people' debate, so I shrugged it off especially since the guy appeared to be Latino.
Such a shame that he died though, my regrets to his family.

I'll give my opinion but I'll stay away from giving evidence, partly because I do not follow this and partly because I don't know what will be admissible in court. As you know the jury is only supposed to consider evidence legally presentable, not stuff that shows up on the internet or other media. I don't believe most of the stuff I see on the media, internet, newspaper or wherever anyway.

I think murder will be hard to prove. It's 2nd degree murder, not premeditated, so that standard is easier to meet, though it is still beyond a shadow of a doubt, not beyond reasonable doubt. I have not seen anything that will prove who provoked what. That recording with the calls for help doesn't show what started it, just a bit about how it ended. This would not have happened if Zimmerman had followed instructions and not followed the guy. I have no idea what Zimmerman will say on the stand under oath, but I won't be watching any way.

Because of the shadow of a doubt criteria, I expect Zimmerman to be convicted on some type of manslaughter charge, not murder, if the jury can consider that. I think he bears some responsibility. I don't know if the jury can convict under a lesser charge under Florida law.

Last edited:
Yes this has turned into a giant race debate. Also Zimmerman is Latino. Which the media first made it appear he was Caucasian
Ohh, I heard about that. It was in the newspaper the other day and I was reading about it...too bad it turned into a whole 'black and white people' debate, so I shrugged it off especially since the guy appeared to be Latino.
Such a shame that he died though, my regrets to his family.

Yes this is quite true. I've seen racism from numerous different races. Not sure how my post implied only Caucasians can be considered racist or that him being a minority makes it a difference
idunno.gif
People of other races than white can be racist. Him being latino does not automatically make it a race neutral incident.

I understand that Zimmerman was a confirmed birther but still felt that he was not racist, just curcious. Saw that on a website that says it is fair and balanced. It is called "Let's Hang George."

Yes this is quite true. I've seen racism from numerous different races. Not sure how my post implied only Caucasians can be considered racist or that him being a minority makes it a difference
idunno.gif

I think some people have the mistaken idea that racsim is purely white VS minorities, and I just wanted to point out that it can be minority vs minority. A latino can harbor racist ideas about blacks or blacks against latinos...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom