ZIP TIES! What kind do you use?

Pics

Seaecho

Songster
Oct 12, 2017
High Desert, S. CA.
Never in my life did I dream there could be so many kinds of zip ties! I read that the nylon ones do break down over time, and I want some that will stand up for a long time. I have the coop, and have bought two of the 7 ft. galvanized cages to hook together as one run. I went on ebay to buy zip ties for this purpose and was overwhelmed! Cable, nylon, stainless steel, even chrome! Of course I'd want UV resistant and weather proof. What type would be best for what I need? What works best for you and is long lasting? Thanks!

I’d buy some light wire for that purpose, cut pieces, wrap around objects to be held together, and twist the ends with pliers.

The last pen I built J-clips were used. It was much quicker and a better looking job. The J-clips will outlast the rest of the pen by many decades.

Time out --just talked to hubby. We need to reinforce the galvanized runs (cages) we got, so he's thinking the zip ties would still be better for that. The J clips wouldn't pull them up and tight together like the zip ties would (hard to explain). We need to not only attach the runs, but reinforce them so there's no chance of them collapsing. I'll attach a pic of what the runs look like to give you an idea.

Chicken crate.jpg

Back
Top Bottom