Zoe is still not laying-any ideas *pics*

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Farmer Kitty, May 9, 2008.

1. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Zoe hasn't laid an egg in over a month. She seems fine otherwise. No molting. Any ideas why she's not laying? Here's a couple pics of her taken today.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. eggzettera

eggzettera Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] On strike for better working conditions? [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Better treats? [​IMG]
    [​IMG] More free ranging time? [​IMG]

Maybe time to recruit some union busters & some scabs [​IMG]

OK seriously, try some cooked eggs spiced with cayenne pepper

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Kitty, how is her weight? To look at my Lorelei at first, you'd not notice anything is wrong, unless you pick her up. Then you realize, she weighs nothing. Her eyes are bright and clear and she looks good, no molt, either. She hasnt laid in about three weeks and isn't backed up, either. I hope your girl's weight is good. Lorelei is on a downhill slide right now and I fear reproductive cancer. Please pick up your girl and check her weight-dont want to alarm you by saying this, but if she isn't molting and the days are longer like now, you could be facing something like I am. Hopefully not!

4. Farmer Kitty

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I picked her up a few days ago and she was fine. Will check her again tomorrow though.

I've followed your link on Zane and Lorelei and I'm so sorry she isn't doing well.

5. speckledhen

Let us know when you check her weight again. Lorelei was actually looking quite chunky then very suddenly, the weight just dropped, so I'm worried about your girl till you tell me she feels fine. Guess I'm a bit paranoid about this now that I've lost one and perhaps will lose a second hen to what may be egg peritonitis or cancer or whatever it really is.

6. Farmer Kitty

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Her weight seems fine. When I went to catch her she jumped to avoid being caught but, instead ended up in my arms! [​IMG]

I'll have to get some of the cayenne pepper and see if that works.

7. speckledhen

Oh, good! I can relax now. Maybe she's just being a little diva like my blue Orp, Velvet, who from time to time, decides she must have a vacation, go on a cruise, whatever, LOL.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by