Zoe/Zach & Gabriel Got Some Sun (PICS)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by speckledhen, Jan 27, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Warmed up today, so the remaining older youngsters, both of Hawkeye's kids and the lone blue Ameraucana pullet that belongs to Kate (helmstead) had a long time outside. Snapped some pics of Gabriel, Zoe/Zach (still taking bets, LOL) and pretty blue girl. Gabe's feathers were messed up because he didn't want to come out and didn't want to be caught so when mom grabbed him, he was a bit rumpled. He's 14 weeks, Zoe is almost 9 weeks and the Ameraucana girl is 9 weeks old. Wow, 14 weeks! In about a month, he'll be ready to help Dad with the, um, duties, LOL.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    How adorable! One of my babies looks like the grey one on top, what kind is that? Except the comb is larger.

3. speckledhen

That's a blue Ameraucana pullet, Karen. I was breeding them till, well, yesterday when my rooster went to a new home. I have one more baby left in the brooder, a black one that I'm hoping is a pullet, too. She's three weeks old and a sister to this blue girl (hopefully, a sister!)

4. rosyposyosy

rosyposyosy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    I think the other BR is a female, but with wider barring. It's weird to see Gabe compared to the little blue ameraucana. HE's HUGE

5. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    This is my grey baby, do you think she could be part Americauna?

Kate
    [​IMG]

6. speckledhen

Hmm, could be, but most likely just another breed in a blue color. Pretty baby! Looks like it has some Old English Game Bantam in it. I saw some Self Blue OEGBs at the feedstore today (another term for lavender) that looked similar.
    Rosy, Gabriel is more slender than I expected. He must be taking after his mother Lexie rather than Hawkeye, who is extremely broad bodied. He is, however, a giant compared to the Ameraucana babies and was larger than the Ameraucana cockerel his own age. Gabe tried to crow for the first time today, too! Guess he figured since that other crowing boy was gone, he had to take up the slack, LOL. Boy, it was bad, too!

7. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Thanks, I think I'll just call them all chickens lol,,, except for the two turkens ,,, they are identified!
    Kate

8. speckledhen

Yeah, hard to misidentify a Turken, LOL!

9. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    Cyn they are as beautiful as always. You really do have nice chickens. I'm glad I have a few babies from your girls.

10. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    You do raise some fine lookin' poultry, SpeckledHen, ma'am. Gosh darned, I am jealous!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by