zomg HYPER CHICK

raymondjames

Chirping
8 Years
Sep 18, 2011
So this morning... one of my chicks JUMPED out of the brooder
ep.gif

I got her back in and she seems to like her wings. Another time today she litteraly "flew" or something from one side of brooder to the other.
Do they usually do this? Should they have the strength at 1-2 weeks old (this girl was premature when she hatched, had to save her because i couldnt let her die...)? If you want to see her she's the black one in my profile pic (but that was taken when she was 4 days old
tongue.png
)

Yep. My Black Australorp flew out of the brooder through a tiny hole at 2 1/2 weeks. Scared the hell out of me because I thought she'd flown the coop (brooder is in the coop) as the doors were open. But she turned up inside w/o ever leaving the coop. All of them were racing back and forth through the brooder using what little they had of their wing feathers at that time. Now they are 5 weeks old and can fly about 3 ft vertical to get on a nice perch. They still sleep on the floor though.

Yep our little rock surprised us at dinner last night. just 6 weeks and flew up to the window we were eating at. It's only 6' but it shocked the hell out of us. I pet her and put back down. Funny little creatures.
tongue.png

My black stars were chasing eachother around since day one. They now fly to the top of the bator (2 feet) and wait for someone to play with them. They are 4 weeks old now My one chick is about half the size and cant jump at all. Litterally, it is hard for her to jump three inches, poor thing. I put in a few wrings for her to exercise on.

Back
Top Bottom