1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

zucchini......

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Theapplechicks, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Theapplechicks

Theapplechicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2011
    so tonight I made a casserole that called for zucchini in it. I sliced up more than I needed so I decided to take the thinly sliced pieces out to my babies and see if they would eat them. OMG!!! They went CRAZY! they were grabbing them up and running all over to try to get away from the others. There was plenty for all but they were so scared they were gonna loose their precious treat! lol! So zucchini has moved onto the treat list.

2. ouracrybaby

ouracrybaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Wellsburg
    lol. next time take the video camera

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Quote:Thats right! They also love cucumbers too! [​IMG]

4. Miyashi

Miyashi Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Gaylord, MI
    Haha!
    They go crazy over that.
    Mine go nuts over zucchini and squash. My boyfriend sits and watches them and says "Mmm squish!" every time they take a bite.
    They seem to love the seed part of anything best.
    Mine had so many treats while he was here visiting, they got bored of it I think. We gave them some cantaloup this morning...they ate all the seeds and left the rest for much later!
    Silly birds!
    Also, have you made lasagna with zucchini instead of the noodles? It's fantastic!

5. Tambo26

Tambo26 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Orrington, MAINE
    My BO hens love zucchini too! The garden produces WAY too much so I chop up the extra into small pieces, cook it in the microwave for a couple of minutes and then throw it all into the freezer in a baggie. Every day they get a treat of frozen zucchini. It's SO HOT outside and they seem to really love it this way!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by