Zune 80GB, anyone?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Dinos_rock, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Dinos_rock

Dinos_rock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Arizona
    So, I am looking to buy a zune 80gb, but I don't know if it will be worth it. I read some reviews about it on walmart.com, but I still have some questions. Does anyone have one?

2. Jaybr

Jaybr Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Matoaca, VA
    I've got a 30gb, and so does my wife, son, and daughter. We all love them.

A freind of mine just got an 80 gb and said the battery last much longer than the older 30.

3. Dinos_rock

Jul 1, 2007
    Arizona
    OK, thanks. I think I'll get it.[​IMG]

4. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    [​IMG] what's a "zune"?

5. Dinos_rock

Jul 1, 2007
    Arizona
    www.zune.net

It is an mp3 player that plays movies, music, and you can put your pictures on it. Its kinda cool.[​IMG]

6. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE my ZUNE! (did I say I LOVE it?)

I've had the 30GB for over a year now and am a subscriber of their 'all you can eat music for $15/month' deal. I have the brown/green one. It matches my cell phone [​IMG] I have used it literally almost every single day for hours without any problems.

I really have 80gb envy, but as I am on credit card lockdown for the forseeable future, I have to wait...

ZUNE is the Microsoft competitor to the iPod by Apple.

www.zune.net

My fav thing about it? I rip movies from DVD to the Zune format using the PQ DVD software. Then I sync them to my zune and take them wherever I am going. It's great for the kids too - to keep them entertained while waiting at the Drs, etc.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  7. Dinos_rock

Jul 1, 2007
    Arizona
    Quote:Cool, my friend has the brown/green 30gb too.

Do you have to use their music like you do for ipod? Or can you use your own?

8. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    You can rip music from your CDs with no problem - the zune software has a feature to help you do that easily.

You can also download music from other sites. It depends on where you download from as to whether you can use the download as-is, or if you have to convert the file.

I occasionally download music from itunes and I have to convert that. I use a program called 'WMA Convert' to do that. It was pretty cheap freeware and works great. Other sites like Walmart.com where the music is marketed for any mp3 player, you don't have to convert those.

Music converter I use: www.wma-convert.com - free trial (you only get 30 sec of the file converted) if you want to buy $20, one time charge for the license

Video converter I use: http://www.pqdvd.com/dvd-to-zune-video-converter.html It's 39.99 but WELL worth the money if you want to watch your DVDs on your Zune.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  9. plester01

plester01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2007
    Foreman,AR
    I got my 15 year old son an 80g Zune for christmas. He uses it all the time. He loves it. I highly recomend getting one. He also has a hard case for it but does not use.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by