Leaving home for 36 hours. What should I do with my chicks?

I have 4 chicks that will be 4 weeks old on Friday. I am planning on leaving on Friday Afternoon and returning home Saturday 4:00 PM. What should I do with my baby chicks? They poop up their water within an hour of me changing it, and the fact that the internet says chicks can die in 12 hours without water is scaring me. So what should I do?
I have 6 chicks about 5 weeks old and in a 3' hi dog pen in our house. Its time to move them but had a trip planned and waited. We left for 2 nights. Our set up was simple:
-A nanny cam to keep an eye
-They were not always wanting the heat so i used plant seedling warmer under the pen to warm a spot if they wanted it.
-I covered the pen with baby gates so there was no chance of escape....every little hole, they did want out!
-i got 2 gal feeder and waterer and put them higher on bricks so they stayed clean. I used a rounded topped waterer so they didnt perch on top and poop in it!
-left a key with a friend in case of emergencies... with a promise of eggs for (their) life if i bothered her.
Everything was great, i checked in often and they lived their lives as if i was home. Have a great time, live your life, dont worry.

I have 4 chicks that will be 4 weeks old on Friday. I am planning on leaving on Friday Afternoon and returning home Saturday 4:00 PM. What should I do with my baby chicks? They poop up their water within an hour of me changing it, and the fact that the internet says chicks can die in 12 hours without water is scaring me. So what should I do?
I have trained even young chicks to drink from a rabbit or guinea pig water bottle! Water can't get dirty, can't get knocked over, and it lasts a long time.

Could you switch to a nipple waterer? Mine picked up on it super easy. I also moved mine out to the coop at 4&5 weeks and had no issues. Temps still getting into the 30s at night.
Where are you located? It's down in the low 40s and they are almost 4 weeks some are 5 weeks and 2 are 6 weeks all together

Back
Top Bottom