Related Forum Threads
- Custom Critter Carriers,Coops,Tractors,Hutches;etc Last post on 2/23/13 at 7:34pm in Where am I? Where are you!
Resin Chicken Coop
Edited on 5/14/13
- The Little Red BarnEdited on 4/29/13
- ChooksChick's Hints for HenthusiastsEdited on 3/30/13
- Covered Wagon and Chik'n Hut Mobile Chicken Coops
- topicSmall Coops
Alphabetical Article List
Bc Chickens's Chicken Coop
Brenda and Carmen
Whispering Winds Animal Connection LLC
Ordered our first set of chicks, 6 Buff Orpintons and 6 Golden Comets, from the local Mackey's on March 23, 2011.
UPDATE! The Comets have arrived today, April 15, 2011!! They are now safely in their new home!
UPDATE: The Buff Orpingtons have arrived today, April 21, 2011!
UPDATE: They're out of the brooder and out in the coop, May 31, 2011!
UPDATE: FREE RANGE and loving it, June 15, 2011!
UPDATE: Woo hoo - our first eggs July 29, 2011!
Phase 1: This is their first home (after the eggshells they were in, of course ) It's out in our barn in the tack room complete with water, feed and heat lamp.
And here are our first 6 chicks, the Golden Comets! Meet Halley, Gale, Biela, Helin, Faye and Ikeya - yes, they are all named for astronomers who discovered comets
Here's our second set of chicks, the Buff Orpingtons - Brenda's naming them after princesses. They seem to be getting along just fine with their older siblings!
Phase 2: It was time to move everyone from the tack room to one of the stalls - we didn't want them flying out and not able to get back in! Plus, it was getting a little crowded in there so now they have room to wander!
Phase 3: This will be their next home, a pre-constructed coop from the folks at "The Barn Yard". It's out in our backyard in full view from all the windows in back of our home. We will be adding a run made of chain link fencing before it's time for the chickens to move in.
Phase 4: It was Graduation Day on May 31st as the girls were moved from the barn to their new home in the coop!
Phase 5: Home, home on the range! Apparently they love wandering around the backyard now.
Phase 6: Our first eggs!! And they're only 3 1/2 months old - the chickens, that is not the eggs .
- The Little Red Barn
- › Maine 1 minute ago
- › ~The Battle of the Empires~ New RP NEED PLAYERS 2 minutes ago
- › Peepers update! 3 minutes ago
- › Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included* 3 minutes ago
- › NY chicken lover!!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Guinea eggs. Temp drop 6 minutes ago
- › what breed is this baby ebay eggs??? 8 minutes ago
- › HELP! how do I regulate the humidity in the incubator? 10 minutes ago
- › North American Silkie Bantam Club: Online silkie bantam show 10 minutes ago
- › Blue Copper and Splash Copper Marans Discussion 13 minutes ago
- › Leghorn by Chicken Goddess
- › Australorp by chickenman98
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by RentaPig311
- › Aylesbury by cowgirlHH
- › 3 Quart Plastic Feed Scoop - Blue by cowgirlHH
- › Silkie by chickenlover89
- › Speckled Sussex by nova022
- › Little Giant - 3 Gallon Plastic Poultry Waterer - PPF3 by 29PalmsRanch
- › Pullet-Shut Automatic Chicken Door Chickendoors.com by celticgarden
- › Mallard by Zombified
- › I think I am reliving my childhod. My Mother... by skoodo
- › How To Tell Your Chicken's Gender by roostersandhens
- › Processing Day Support Group SUMMARY of THREAD by Sally Sunshine
- › The Lovely Holland Coop by the3littles
- › Cottage Coop De Ville by themorra
- › How to introduce your dog to your chickens... by Kathryn P
- › How to decide if a rooster is right for you! by Kathryn P
- › From citygirl to backyard chicken farmer by Kathie816
- › Teen Babies! A TragicStory (chicken edition) by McCaskill
- › Keeping a rooster or not - pro's and cons by Mr MKK FARMS