Related Forum Threads
- Custom Critter Carriers,Coops,Tractors,Hutches;etc Last post on 2/23/13 at 7:34pm in Where am I? Where are you!
Resin Chicken Coop
Edited on 5/14/13
- The Little Red BarnEdited on 4/29/13
- ChooksChick's Hints for HenthusiastsEdited on 3/30/13
- Covered Wagon and Chik'n Hut Mobile Chicken Coops
- topicSmall Coops
Alphabetical Article List
I just wanted to share the henhouse I built. It’s in the backyard behind the garage. We’ll be adding on a fenced run that will extend off of the right side of the henhouse behind the tree. It’ll be covered to keep them out of the rain and we’re sowing some fresh grass for them to munch on. With the run, they’ll be able to go in and out as the please without fear of raccoons.
The henhouse is about 4 feet cubed. We installed a window for ventilation and an easy-access chicken door. It took about 5 weekends to build.
The tin roof opens up for cleaning and egg-gathering.
It’s bare inside right now, but we will install a nest box and a roost when they get a bit older. Structurally, it’s just plywood and beaded plywood framed with 2 x 2’s. There are corner braces at the top for stability. The trim and 2 x 2 frame sandwich the plywood and I caulked all the seams for weatherproofing.
The chicks just moved in tonight (they’ve been getting a little stinky in the house). Sweet dreams!
- The Little Red Barn
- › when to take chickens out of incubator?? 2 minutes ago
- › Who could stand to butcher their chickens 2 minutes ago
- › Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE 2 minutes ago
- › RANDOM STUFF! 2 minutes ago
- › Keeping free range chickens away from the road 2 minutes ago
- › Nearly free, run and movable coop. 3 minutes ago
- › 2 of my bbs copper maran chicks have a red tint to their heads 3 minutes ago
- › ***OKIES in the BYC III *** 4 minutes ago
- › Need help with new chicks!! 5 minutes ago
- › What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here! 5 minutes ago
- › Belgian d'Uccle by dbhdoc
- › Orpington by plund
- › Red Sex Link by Hogs and Horns
- › Japanese by MoodyBroody622
- › Sicilian Buttercup by Glimmer Otnes
- › White Leghorn Pullets by HershelMS
- › Wyandotte by The Bantam Guy
- › Ameraucana by 1stTimeChikMama
- › Icelandic or Viking Hen by my urban barnyard
- › Plymouth Rock by australorp41
- › Wolves Of The Blue Moon RP --- Blue Moon Pack... by IceFire
- › How to Prepare a Chicken for Showing by Whittni
- › kiomey's swapstuffs by Kiomey
- › Our Mobile Coop Project (lots of pics) by slroxie
- › Wolves Of The Blue Moon RP --- Members Page!!! by IceFire
- › The All New: How to Train Your Chicken! by darwinchooks
- › Coop de' Cluck by Sherryalaska
- › BackYard Chickens Starter Kit Price Guide by support
- › Wild Thyme Farm's Flock by applegal
- › Cedar Acres Coop! by CedarAcres