Bsf Larvae Operation Under 5
Edited on 9/11/10
- Frugal Que's Automatic WatererEdited on 9/8/10
- Neils Feeder - made from Metal Air Duct and a Flower PotEdited on 8/25/10
- Nipple Waterer for my Brooder
- topicWater Feeders
Alphabetical Article List
Chicken Nipples Anyone
Sorry about the title of this page... I couldn't help myself! I did a search for chicken nipples online and came up with some pretty crazy things!!!!! Beware if you try to search for these!
Anyway, here is my new waterer for the chickens...
I ordered some chicken water nipples from Kullas here on BYC to make some self contained waterers. After I got them, I went to Fry's (grocery store) and picked up a 4 gallon bucket for free from the bakery (frosting bucket, yummy!). Then I bought one 3/4" pvc pipe at home depot ($1) along with an elbow, a male and female connector and a cap ($1.71) of the same size as the pipe. Here is what I made...
I used a 1" drill bit to cut a hole in the bucket as close to the bottom as I could, but leaving about 1/2" gap for the connector pieces.
I fed the male connector through the hole and connected it to the female connector (they were threaded, so I just screwed them together. I sealed the inside with silicone so that it would not leak. Then I connected a short piece of pipe to the female connector. The elbow went on the end of that.
Then I took my main piece of pvc pipe (cut to my desired length) and used a torch to heat up one of the nipples so that I could melt a hole in the pipe to the perfect size I needed. I made 5 holes for 5 nipples. Then I put the nipples together and threaded them through the pipe.
I then connected the pipe to the elbow and put the cap on the end. I was very careful not to tip the pipe so the weights in the nipples didn't fall out.
And there you go!
In the summer you can just drop a frozen 2 liter bottle in the bucket to keep their water cool.
Feel free to message me if you have any questions...
Thanks for visiting my page!!!
- Frugal Que's Automatic Waterer
- › I lost 4 Chickens today. 15 seconds ago
- › Hello from Vermont 29 seconds ago
- › ~The Battle of the Empires~ New RP NEED PLAYERS 48 seconds ago
- › I'm excited to find this site!- new member 53 seconds ago
- › What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here! 1 minute ago
- › Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread! 1 minute ago
- › ALABAMA!! 1 minute ago
- › What did you do in the garden today? 1 minute ago
- › Chicken Names- whats your chickens name? 2 minutes ago
- › I caught a raccoon & another & another ***GRAPHIC PICS*** pic heavy 2 minutes ago
- › Belgian d'Uccle by dbhdoc
- › Orpington by plund
- › Red Sex Link by Hogs and Horns
- › Japanese by MoodyBroody622
- › Sicilian Buttercup by Glimmer Otnes
- › White Leghorn Pullets by HershelMS
- › Wyandotte by The Bantam Guy
- › Ameraucana by 1stTimeChikMama
- › Icelandic or Viking Hen by my urban barnyard
- › Plymouth Rock by australorp41
- › Wolves Of The Blue Moon RP --- Members Page!!! by IceFire
- › The All New: How to Train Your Chicken! by darwinchooks
- › Coop de' Cluck by Sherryalaska
- › BackYard Chickens Starter Kit Price Guide by support
- › Wild Thyme Farm's Flock by applegal
- › Cedar Acres Coop! by CedarAcres
- › Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! by SillyChicken
- › The Hunger Games -----Awesome RP - Members Page! by IceFire
- › My wife thinks I've "flown the... by bartholomew82
- › The Royal Chickens of Cluck Caslte by ChickFuentes