Related Forum Threads
- Custom Critter Carriers,Coops,Tractors,Hutches;etc Last post on 2/23/13 at 7:34pm in Where am I? Where are you!
ChooksChick's Hints for Henthusiasts
Edited on 3/30/13
- Serenity Garden Coop (Witchita Cabin knockoff)Edited on 3/18/13
- Virginia Woodland CoopEdited on 4/28/13
- Mukilteo Coop
- topicMedium Coops
Alphabetical Article List
Chris Lil Coop
Chris' Lil' Coop
Buff Silkie Rooster
Salmon Faverolle Rooster
Cochin and Chabo Roosters
Bigfoot makes an entrance. Why not?
This is Bigfoot's brother reading the morning paper and watching the sunrise.
This lil' alien fellow couldn't be upstaged by the make-believe hairy beasts. ;D
The northwest side.
This is the nesting box. Sorta looks like a doll house huh? I drew up these coop
plans on a napkin and employed my oldest brother to build it. I've then spent 97
hours this winter on evenings and weekends painting this mural. I know it's a bit
over the top, but I plan to get alot of use out of it and hope that our grandkids will
enjoy it also. We have to get some grandkids first though.
This is the northeast wall. I've included this walking trail for added depth and visual
The east wall. If you look real close you can see the Bigfoot in the shadows.
The roosting perches. Notice the clean-out opening, this will have a door when it's finished.
Southeast wall. The light will have a finished cover of course and the window will
be trimmed out.
A shot of the sky on the ceiling and cupola. Notice the openings for the doves.
Fish-scale siding and chickens and doves on sandblasted windows.
A good shot of the cupola. The top rectangular windows remove so it won't get too hot in these Utah summers.
They still have mesh over the openings though to keep the doves in.
A good look at the pair of dove sandblasted windows.
The run and coop. Almost done now. Very, very exciting to see it come this far.
Close to getting birds now. I'll put in a dead tree and trim it nicely and paint it white for the bantams and doves.
I taped up these windows and carefully cut out these roosters and had my brother sandblast them. Since I'm only
having hens and doves in the coop I figured I'd get the roosters in somehow.
Dove work. This can be very tedious to draw and cut this out!
Me doing the final touch ups on my mural. I think my wife thinks I'm a little kooky for taking ALL this effort, and you
might also, but that's okay. I had alot of fun doing this, and I'll enjoy it for years to come. I made my first coop
when I was 14 years old. I've also painted my first mural when I was 14 (although not in a coop). I've been fortunate
to have made my living as an artist, and this coop has been a good canvas for sharing. I wanted this to be something
special, all my other coops I've made have been a little lacking. I hope you all like viewing this. Go easy on me, I'm
sure you all could rip this to pieces.
July 21 of 09.
My silkie rooster Papa Roach, with 2 white crested pollish pullets.
This is Billy Idol. You should hear his rebel yell, it's weak, but I'm sure he'll learn to beef it up.
All the single ladies. Frizzle, bearded silkies, cochin, and white crested pollish.
At the end of the rainbow.
Cameron. A watercolor painting of my youngest boy and our cochins.
Breakfast With Tiffany. A watercolor painting I did of my niece and bantams.
- Serenity Garden Coop (Witchita Cabin knockoff)
- › Any one know what these may be ???? 10 seconds ago
- › Where should my brooder go 31 seconds ago
- › Southern NY, Dutchess county and below 1 minute ago
- › 13 week old chicks help me confirm genders 1 minute ago
- › Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1 minute ago
- › Silkie breeding, genetics & showing 1 minute ago
- › Chicken Feed 1 minute ago
- › Los Angeles Newbie. Black Australorp, Cochin, Blue Andelucian,... 2 minutes ago
- › Hens or Roosters 2 minutes ago
- › Gender of this one??? 2 minutes ago
- › Belgian d'Uccle by dbhdoc
- › Orpington by plund
- › Red Sex Link by Hogs and Horns
- › Japanese by MoodyBroody622
- › Sicilian Buttercup by Glimmer Otnes
- › White Leghorn Pullets by HershelMS
- › Wyandotte by The Bantam Guy
- › Ameraucana by 1stTimeChikMama
- › Icelandic or Viking Hen by my urban barnyard
- › Plymouth Rock by australorp41
- › Wolves Of The Blue Moon RP --- Blue Moon Pack... by IceFire
- › How to Prepare a Chicken for Showing by Whittni
- › kiomey's swapstuffs by Kiomey
- › Our Mobile Coop Project (lots of pics) by slroxie
- › Wolves Of The Blue Moon RP --- Members Page!!! by IceFire
- › The All New: How to Train Your Chicken! by darwinchooks
- › Coop de' Cluck by Sherryalaska
- › BackYard Chickens Starter Kit Price Guide by support
- › Wild Thyme Farm's Flock by applegal
- › Cedar Acres Coop! by CedarAcres