Breed Information, Comments, and Experience with breed:The Frizzle is a breed that carries a gene that makes their feathers curl outward and up, It looks as if they are in the wind storm. The first Frizzle that i have heard off is the Cochin Frizzle, But now they recognize different breeds of Frizzles. I have the Cochin Bantam Frizzle and the Polish Standard Frizzle. I did have a Frizzle Silkie, she was sooo sweet. Frizzles feathers are so soft. A full frizzled bird should have all feathers frizzling out except a few on the wing feathers. To get the right texture and right amount of frizzling, They should be bred as follows- Frizzled to a non frizzled. The hatch rate is 50 50. You will get some chicks that frizzle and some that don't. And if you bred a frizzle with a frizzle som of the chicks will end up with cracked feathering, And they wont be as smooth.
Gear mentioned in this article:
Last edited: 1/10/12
- Frizzle Black Frizzle And LavanderLast edited: 1/10/12
- Frizzle White Chicks Have Gray Feathers AlsoLast edited: 1/10/12
- Frizzle Double Dose Frazzle CurliesLast edited: 1/10/12
- itemFrizzletagged by System, 1/10/12
Alphabetical Article List
Frizzle Red Black White Splash Buff Blue
- Frizzle Black Frizzle And Lavander
Currently, there are 1962 Active Users (215 Members and 1747 Guests)
- › Two Lies, One Truth ~ The Game 3 seconds ago
- › The Old Folks Home 15 seconds ago
- › Poorly hen will be put down if she doesn't recover before next... 19 seconds ago
- › intrergrating birds to existing flock 25 seconds ago
- › Swedish Flower Hen Thread 38 seconds ago
- › What breed is this chicken? 47 seconds ago
- › INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come hatch, learn, Chat, Meet new Friends w/... 52 seconds ago
- › Any tricks to nesting boxes? 1 minute ago
- › Illinois... 2 minutes ago
- › HELP!! Very sick hen with diarrhoea, stopped eating and sleeping... 4 minutes ago
- › Cream Legbar originally bred by R. C. Punnett by amyschickens1
- › Ancona by Top Rooster
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by austrolover1
- › Australorp by amanda1
- › Swedish Flower chicken by SHERRING7712
- › Rhode Island by SHERRING7712
- › Barred Rock by roddycn1216
- › Sultan by Alexc844
- › Lavender Pekin by Eggs on Toast
- › Leghorn - Bantam by Eggs on Toast
- › The Educational Lives of Our Four Ducks -...
- › Cleaning the Run
- › Easter eggers~the history and more.
- › Raising baby chicks~tips and tricks
- › Lightweight Ducks~Why to have them
- › Ducks~Answer as to why to keep them and which...
- › Our peeps! From 5 weeks until now...
- › Hen or Rooster?
- › Duck houses:ideas and cleaning.
- › My Red and White Coop