Breed Information, Comments, and Experience with breed:The Frizzle is a breed that carries a gene that makes their feathers curl outward and up, It looks as if they are in the wind storm. The first Frizzle that i have heard off is the Cochin Frizzle, But now they recognize different breeds of Frizzles. I have the Cochin Bantam Frizzle and the Polish Standard Frizzle. I did have a Frizzle Silkie, she was sooo sweet. Frizzles feathers are so soft. A full frizzled bird should have all feathers frizzling out except a few on the wing feathers. To get the right texture and right amount of frizzling, They should be bred as follows- Frizzled to a non frizzled. The hatch rate is 50 50. You will get some chicks that frizzle and some that don't. And if you bred a frizzle with a frizzle som of the chicks will end up with cracked feathering, And they wont be as smooth.
Gear mentioned in this article:
Last edited: 1/10/12
- Frizzle Black Frizzle And LavanderLast edited: 1/10/12
- Frizzle White Chicks Have Gray Feathers AlsoLast edited: 1/10/12
- Frizzle Double Dose Frazzle CurliesLast edited: 1/10/12
- itemFrizzletagged by System, 1/10/12
Alphabetical Article List
Frizzle Red Black White Splash Buff Blue
- Frizzle Black Frizzle And Lavander
Currently, there are 1578 Active Users (191 Members and 1387 Guests)
- › Child At Heart, Monster By Nature (Chat Thread) 5 seconds ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 15 seconds ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 20 seconds ago
- › eggs 22 seconds ago
- › What's the temperature where you are??? 29 seconds ago
- › HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks 42 seconds ago
- › (7) ten day old Chicks! What gender? Marans (1Black/2Blue),... 1 minute ago
- › Hello from Jeep Chick! 1 minute ago
- › Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds 1 minute ago
- › Dominique rooster behavior/maturity? 1 minute ago
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Orpington by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Silver Appleyard by hooktontravel
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.