Breed Information, Comments, and Experience with breed:The Frizzle is a breed that carries a gene that makes their feathers curl outward and up, It looks as if they are in the wind storm. The first Frizzle that i have heard off is the Cochin Frizzle, But now they recognize different breeds of Frizzles. I have the Cochin Bantam Frizzle and the Polish Standard Frizzle. I did have a Frizzle Silkie, she was sooo sweet. Frizzles feathers are so soft. A full frizzled bird should have all feathers frizzling out except a few on the wing feathers. To get the right texture and right amount of frizzling, They should be bred as follows- Frizzled to a non frizzled. The hatch rate is 50 50. You will get some chicks that frizzle and some that don't. And if you bred a frizzle with a frizzle som of the chicks will end up with cracked feathering, And they wont be as smooth.
Gear mentioned in this article:
Last edited: 1/10/12
- Frizzle Black Frizzle And LavanderLast edited: 1/10/12
- Frizzle White Chicks Have Gray Feathers AlsoLast edited: 1/10/12
- Frizzle Double Dose Frazzle CurliesLast edited: 1/10/12
- itemFrizzletagged by System, 1/10/12
Alphabetical Article List
Frizzle Red Black White Splash Buff Blue
- Frizzle Black Frizzle And Lavander
Currently, there are 1061 Active Users (64 Members and 997 Guests)
- › Hens refusing fermented feed 43 seconds ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine. Hosts,... 5 minutes ago
- › March 2017! Hatch with us! 6 minutes ago
- › *Hidden Nature* A Shapeshifting RP 9 minutes ago
- › WOW. Surprise Buff Orpington/Easter Egger cross chicks!! **PICS** :D 13 minutes ago
- › Cocci or ?? 21 minutes ago
- › Hello 25 minutes ago
- › Females? (I hope so) 26 minutes ago
- › Having problemss with my flock. (Rooster Just died) 26 minutes ago
- › Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat -... 26 minutes ago
- › Braided Easter Egg Bread
- › FeatherMtnFarms' Spring Chicks!!! 2017
- › One Myth and One Lie About—Egg's
- › SERAMA INCUBATION TIPS ~ Not hard to hatch...
- › casportpony's random chicken pictures
- › Best Pictures of 2017.
- › Soo EggCited the ladies will be here next...
- › Coop-A-Cabana and Coop de Ville....Soo...
- › Integrating new birds at 4 weeks old.
- › \~ * >One Will Reign< * ~/ a Wild Horse...