Breed Information, Comments, and Experience with breed:The Frizzle is a breed that carries a gene that makes their feathers curl outward and up, It looks as if they are in the wind storm. The first Frizzle that i have heard off is the Cochin Frizzle, But now they recognize different breeds of Frizzles. I have the Cochin Bantam Frizzle and the Polish Standard Frizzle. I did have a Frizzle Silkie, she was sooo sweet. Frizzles feathers are so soft. A full frizzled bird should have all feathers frizzling out except a few on the wing feathers. To get the right texture and right amount of frizzling, They should be bred as follows- Frizzled to a non frizzled. The hatch rate is 50 50. You will get some chicks that frizzle and some that don't. And if you bred a frizzle with a frizzle som of the chicks will end up with cracked feathering, And they wont be as smooth.
Gear mentioned in this article:
Last edited: 1/10/12
- Frizzle Black Frizzle And LavanderLast edited: 1/10/12
- Frizzle White Chicks Have Gray Feathers AlsoLast edited: 1/10/12
- Frizzle Double Dose Frazzle CurliesLast edited: 1/10/12
- itemFrizzletagged by System, 1/10/12
Alphabetical Article List
Frizzle Red Black White Splash Buff Blue
- Frizzle Black Frizzle And Lavander
Currently, there are 863 Active Users (68 Members and 795 Guests)
- › Australia - Six states..and that funny little island. 20 seconds ago
- › Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs 1 minute ago
- › INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! 3 minutes ago
- › New Member / love this site! 5 minutes ago
- › "Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps" 5 minutes ago
- › Silkie thread! 6 minutes ago
- › my quail hates me 7 minutes ago
- › Broody Hen Thread! 7 minutes ago
- › Goats and Chickens 9 minutes ago
- › Pharaoh Coturnix and Button Quail Fertile Hatching Eggs and Chicks... 10 minutes ago
- › Chocolate the chicken- The survivor
- › My "I've never built anything like...
- › How to turn a Playhouse into an Enchanted...
- › The Strange Coop
- › Cooper City, Florida Chicken Ordinance
- › Keeping Roosters Separated: A Small Guide
- › Pepparkakor Hönshus (Gingerbread Henhouse)
- › Help! pecked and sunburnt hen!
- › A small work in progress
- › A work in progress