Breed Information, Comments, and Experience with breed:The Frizzle is a breed that carries a gene that makes their feathers curl outward and up, It looks as if they are in the wind storm. The first Frizzle that i have heard off is the Cochin Frizzle, But now they recognize different breeds of Frizzles. I have the Cochin Bantam Frizzle and the Polish Standard Frizzle. I did have a Frizzle Silkie, she was sooo sweet. Frizzles feathers are so soft. A full frizzled bird should have all feathers frizzling out except a few on the wing feathers. To get the right texture and right amount of frizzling, They should be bred as follows- Frizzled to a non frizzled. The hatch rate is 50 50. You will get some chicks that frizzle and some that don't. And if you bred a frizzle with a frizzle som of the chicks will end up with cracked feathering, And they wont be as smooth.
Gear mentioned in this article:
Last edited: 1/10/12
- Frizzle Black Frizzle And LavanderLast edited: 1/10/12
- Frizzle White Chicks Have Gray Feathers AlsoLast edited: 1/10/12
- Frizzle Double Dose Frazzle CurliesLast edited: 1/10/12
- itemFrizzletagged by System, 1/10/12
Alphabetical Article List
Frizzle Red Black White Splash Buff Blue
- Frizzle Black Frizzle And Lavander
Currently, there are 2126 Active Users (230 Members and 1896 Guests)
- › New here! 55 seconds ago
- › The Svart Hona (Swedish Black Hen) Thread! 1 minute ago
- › Broody Hen Thread! 1 minute ago
- › *Buff Orpington Thread!* 1 minute ago
- › Naked Neck/Turken Thread 1 minute ago
- › Troyergals Chat Thread!!! 1 minute ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine. Hosts,... 2 minutes ago
- › Hatching eggs without an incubator 2 minutes ago
- › *~*Runner Duck Club*~* 2 minutes ago
- › Bad swollen ear 3 minutes ago
- › casportpony's ducks - 2-23-2017
- › My Ginny
- › Chocolate Flan Cake
- › The first year of our adventure!
- › Spring Time Chickens
- › Chick Photoshoots
- › The beginnings of our little homestead!
- › Well, When You Name a Hen "Bratt"....
- › >~*A Howl At Midnight>*~ A FORGOTTEN...
- › The long and the short of it. And some in...