Breed Information, Comments, and Experience with breed:The Frizzle is a breed that carries a gene that makes their feathers curl outward and up, It looks as if they are in the wind storm. The first Frizzle that i have heard off is the Cochin Frizzle, But now they recognize different breeds of Frizzles. I have the Cochin Bantam Frizzle and the Polish Standard Frizzle. I did have a Frizzle Silkie, she was sooo sweet. Frizzles feathers are so soft. A full frizzled bird should have all feathers frizzling out except a few on the wing feathers. To get the right texture and right amount of frizzling, They should be bred as follows- Frizzled to a non frizzled. The hatch rate is 50 50. You will get some chicks that frizzle and some that don't. And if you bred a frizzle with a frizzle som of the chicks will end up with cracked feathering, And they wont be as smooth.
Gear mentioned in this article:
Last edited: 1/10/12
- Frizzle Black Frizzle And LavanderLast edited: 1/10/12
- Frizzle White Chicks Have Gray Feathers AlsoLast edited: 1/10/12
- Frizzle Double Dose Frazzle CurliesLast edited: 1/10/12
- itemFrizzletagged by System, 1/10/12
Alphabetical Article List
Frizzle Red Black White Splash Buff Blue
- Frizzle Black Frizzle And Lavander
Currently, there are 1158 Active Users (115 Members and 1043 Guests)
- › Chicken hawk.33 hatch along. 45 seconds ago
- › The Imported English Jubilee Orpington Thread 1 minute ago
- › Hello from Western Colorado 1 minute ago
- › YO GEORGIANS! :) 3 minutes ago
- › Lets count to a million 3 minutes ago
- › My leukemia's back. 3 minutes ago
- › Springfield Mo Poultry For Sale 4 minutes ago
- › Raising Chickens Organically 4 minutes ago
- › Mama Heating Pad in the Brooder (Picture Heavy) - UPDATE 6 minutes ago
- › What is this chicken thinking? 8 minutes ago
- › Cochin by FeatherMtnFarms
- › Brinsea Octagon 20 ECO Auto Turn Egg Incubator by dekel18042
- › Favacauna by Peepers4Piper
- › Dominique by sedaeng
- › Orpington by SJchickens
- › bantam ameraucana by TJChickens
- › Brahma by CVAN732000
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by shouts
- › strombergs zip tie leg bands by boskelli1571
- › Little Giant Still Air Incubator 9200 by Math
- › Rudy - Our Rooster
- › Chick Instructions on one page!
- › Healing a severely injured baby chick
- › Meet a few of our other girls!
- › Ben's Bit*hen chicken coop
- › Lake County (unincorporated), Illinois
- › kikithebirds parrot flock
- › *Guess how many eggs will be set in the 7th...
- › Le Chic Chalet de Poulet
- › More Cookie and Alex!