Breed Information, Comments, and Experience with breed:The Frizzle is a breed that carries a gene that makes their feathers curl outward and up, It looks as if they are in the wind storm. The first Frizzle that i have heard off is the Cochin Frizzle, But now they recognize different breeds of Frizzles. I have the Cochin Bantam Frizzle and the Polish Standard Frizzle. I did have a Frizzle Silkie, she was sooo sweet. Frizzles feathers are so soft. A full frizzled bird should have all feathers frizzling out except a few on the wing feathers. To get the right texture and right amount of frizzling, They should be bred as follows- Frizzled to a non frizzled. The hatch rate is 50 50. You will get some chicks that frizzle and some that don't. And if you bred a frizzle with a frizzle som of the chicks will end up with cracked feathering, And they wont be as smooth.
Gear mentioned in this article:
Last edited: 1/10/12
- Frizzle Black Frizzle And LavanderLast edited: 1/10/12
- Frizzle White Chicks Have Gray Feathers AlsoLast edited: 1/10/12
- Frizzle Double Dose Frazzle CurliesLast edited: 1/10/12
- itemFrizzletagged by System, 1/10/12
Alphabetical Article List
Frizzle Red Black White Splash Buff Blue
- Frizzle Black Frizzle And Lavander
Currently, there are 1793 Active Users (212 Members and 1581 Guests)
- › The Q&A Game! 8 seconds ago
- › Silver penciled rock cockerel? 1 minute ago
- › Do I Need To Quarantine Chicks From The Same Place? 2 minutes ago
- › What treat did your chickies get today? 2 minutes ago
- › Hello!new member here!! 2 minutes ago
- › Help needed for Polish please 2 minutes ago
- › Mold in the run 2 minutes ago
- › Do they make a cheap NON electric movable poultry fencing? 3 minutes ago
- › FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!! 4 minutes ago
- › INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come hatch, learn, Chat, Meet new Friends w/... 4 minutes ago
- › My chicken adventure
- › Buying chickens- What to look for?
- › my two girls, Bellatrix and Magonnigal.
- › The Chicken Worlds Worse Chore, culling the...
- › Buying Chickens- What breeds are right for you?
- › Keeping Polish chickens.
- › Broody Hen -Tips & Pictures on What to Do
- › Time-traveling couple with 'historical...
- › Time-traveling couple with chickens in New...
- › Little Lolly