1. Cut square in lid for viewing window 2.use caulking around cut out area to seal glass viewing window
3. Install glass
4. Locate and drill 6 hole in cooler 1 hole for auto water (no need to open lid)
2 vent holes 1 small hole for wires
2 hole across from each other for
exterior operated egg turner
5. Place pan with sponges in bottom of cooler
6. Cut and bend wire to fit into the bottom of cooler over pan 7. Cut hole in wire for auto water tube
8. place wire into cooler 9. put tubing w/ water bottle attached through hole in cooler,
then through hole in wire into pan for auto water
10. Cut out bottom of wooden box that fits in cooler 11. cut piece of wire and staple to bottom of box
12. attach Â½ inch plastic clamps to bottom of box
13. set box on wire with plastic pipe clamps lined up with the predrilled holes
15. Cut pipe to Â¾ inch on both sides of cooler for handles for externally turning the eggs.
16. Install couplings on each end of pipe to keep pipe from slipping, back and forth and to use as handles when turning eggs.
17. Screw box to handle inside
18. take an egg carton that fits in box and cut holes in bottom 19. place egg carton in box
20. cut spacers in tubing (or use nuts for spacers) to keep PC fan and thermostat away from wall21. Screw PC fan to wall
22. Wire PC fan, light, and thermostat
23. Install thermostat using spacers and screws to wall
a grinder was used to cut the bottoms of the pill bottles off
26. place probe from thermometer/hydrometer inside wiggler toy
27. sit wiggler toy on egg holder
31. fill 4-5 baby food jars with warm water put on lids and place on wire
now lets see what happens next........
So far in the Gopher-Bator we have hatched (and they have lived) 9 chicks... (there where some duds in this first batch)
we have 11 in it now and hope this will be our best hatch ever!!!
Related Forum Threads
- DIY CABINET COOLER INCUBATOR How we did it and TEST RUN Ready Set GO! Last post on 10/12/14 at 7:30am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- The Incubator Thread Last post on 10/28/14 at 5:57pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 10/27/14 at 2:50am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
Step by Step Guide to ASSISTED Hatching
Last edited: 8/14/14
- Hatching Eggs 101Last edited: 8/14/14
- York Feather Factory-IncubatorLast edited: 4/13/12
- High Explosives Incubator
- topicIncubatorstagged by System, 1/10/12
Alphabetical Article List
Gopherboy Farms - The Gopherbator Egg Incubator
- Hatching Eggs 101
Currently, there are 1164 Active Users (144 Members and 1020 Guests)
- › Lets talk about goats! 9 seconds ago
- › My first shipped eggs! An incubation adventure 15 seconds ago
- › Michigan Thread - all are welcome! 28 seconds ago
- › RANDOM STUFF! 28 seconds ago
- › how many Eggs you get today 46 seconds ago
- › Three word story for more people with more than one word to say... 50 seconds ago
- › Why are my chicks eating at 3 am instead of sleeping? X post 1 minute ago
- › INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! 1 minute ago
- › Hens kicking out bedding 2 minutes ago
- › Duck Farming Ontario Canada 2 minutes ago
- › Cochin by LittleChicks4Me
- › Cornish Bantams by gootziecat
- › Chantecler by Aluckyshot
- › Wyandotte by LoveOfChickens1
- › Black Sex Link chicken by LoveOfChickens1
- › Easter Eggers by LoveOfChickens1
- › Rhode Island by LoveOfChickens1
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Chickenchick11
- › White Star Hybrid by XxMingirlxX
- › Polish by XxMingirlxX
- › REVERSIBLE ROLL OUT SLIDING NEST BOX WITH...
- › How To Build Automatic Chicken Feeder For Free
- › aart's Almost-Waste-Free Funnel Bucket...
- › New Today
- › DIY Coop Drainage System for My Waterers or...
- › How To Raise Ducks For Meat, Eggs, Companions ❤
- › Stress-free Leg Mite Sprayer
- › Alaskan's no cost Bantam Coop
- › ~★~ Spirit Stallion of the Cimmeron RP! ~★~...
- › ...~♥~The Hunted~♥~A Wolf and...