1. Cut square in lid for viewing window 2.use caulking around cut out area to seal glass viewing window
3. Install glass
4. Locate and drill 6 hole in cooler 1 hole for auto water (no need to open lid)
2 vent holes 1 small hole for wires
2 hole across from each other for
exterior operated egg turner
5. Place pan with sponges in bottom of cooler
6. Cut and bend wire to fit into the bottom of cooler over pan 7. Cut hole in wire for auto water tube
8. place wire into cooler 9. put tubing w/ water bottle attached through hole in cooler,
then through hole in wire into pan for auto water
10. Cut out bottom of wooden box that fits in cooler 11. cut piece of wire and staple to bottom of box
12. attach Â½ inch plastic clamps to bottom of box
13. set box on wire with plastic pipe clamps lined up with the predrilled holes
15. Cut pipe to Â¾ inch on both sides of cooler for handles for externally turning the eggs.
16. Install couplings on each end of pipe to keep pipe from slipping, back and forth and to use as handles when turning eggs.
17. Screw box to handle inside
18. take an egg carton that fits in box and cut holes in bottom 19. place egg carton in box
20. cut spacers in tubing (or use nuts for spacers) to keep PC fan and thermostat away from wall21. Screw PC fan to wall
22. Wire PC fan, light, and thermostat
23. Install thermostat using spacers and screws to wall
a grinder was used to cut the bottoms of the pill bottles off
26. place probe from thermometer/hydrometer inside wiggler toy
27. sit wiggler toy on egg holder
31. fill 4-5 baby food jars with warm water put on lids and place on wire
now lets see what happens next........
So far in the Gopher-Bator we have hatched (and they have lived) 9 chicks... (there where some duds in this first batch)
we have 11 in it now and hope this will be our best hatch ever!!!
Related Forum Threads
- EMERGENCY HELP PLEASE!!! Last post on 7/10/16 at 11:12am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- DIY CABINET COOLER INCUBATOR How we did it and TEST RUN Ready Set GO! Last post on 8/28/16 at 5:02am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- The Incubator Thread Last post on 8/22/16 at 6:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Today at 8:26 am in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
Step by Step Guide to ASSISTED Hatching
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Hatching Eggs 101Last edited: 3/24/16
- York Feather Factory-IncubatorLast edited: 4/13/12
- High Explosives IncubatorLast edited: 4/4/12
- Homemade IncubatorLast edited: 1/10/15
- topicIncubatorstagged by System, 1/10/12
Alphabetical Article List
Gopherboy Farms - The Gopherbator Egg Incubator
- Hatching Eggs 101
Currently, there are 1559 Active Users (193 Members and 1366 Guests)
- › A treatise on Electric Fencing 30 seconds ago
- › grannys gone and done it 46 seconds ago
- › Adult rooster wants in with my 10 week old chicks. 48 seconds ago
- › Bully chicken HELP!!! 1 minute ago
- › What can I feed my chicks??? 2 minutes ago
- › September 2016 Hatch-A-Long 2 minutes ago
- › Wisconsin "Cheeseheads" 2 minutes ago
- › What went wrong 3 minutes ago
- › Home for the Homeless- A role play 3 minutes ago
- › Post your FIRST EGG pics! 3 minutes ago
- › Silkie by meusoc
- › Plymouth Rock by 2eggsfried
- › Orpington by cluck333
- › R-Com RCOM Pro10 Fully AUTOMATIC Digital Egg INCUBATOR Brand NEW... by chickygirl7
- › Aloha Chickens by meusoc
- › Plastic Nesting Box by austrolover1
- › Best Nest Box - Rollaway Nest Box - Community Style by egglover123
- › Oregon Gray turkey by WalnutHill
- › Ancona by deedles
- › Indian Runner by pattyhen
- › casportpony's Turkeys
- › Our BCM X Chickens!
- › The Best Chicken Feeder - 8 feeders compared
- › Little Red Barn Coop
- › Modified Garden Coop - aka Hennsylvania
- › My beautiful gals
- › My little 'Swiss' coop in the...
- › The chicken pictures you catch just in time.
- › 15 French Guineas Straight Run!
- › Time traveling couple and our...