Related Forum Threads
- Custom Critter Carriers,Coops,Tractors,Hutches;etc Last post on 2/23/13 at 7:34pm in Where am I? Where are you!
Resin Chicken Coop
Edited on 5/14/13
- The Little Red BarnEdited on 4/29/13
- ChooksChick's Hints for HenthusiastsEdited on 3/30/13
- Covered Wagon and Chik'n Hut Mobile Chicken Coops
- topicSmall Coops
Alphabetical Article List
Gunslinger's Chicken Coop
The coop section is 4x8 and the total size with the pen/run is 8x12. The front is 8 foot high with the rear lowered to 7 1/2 feet. The front door will be used for easy egg collection and changing of food & water.The entire right side of the coop will be on hinges to make cleaning a little easier. I plan on using a droppings board under the roosts with an area under that to socialize or whatever chickens do in their spare time.
Phase 2 of my coop construction.
The roofing paper is on, the windows are in and the exterior has a first coat of paint.
The windows are 31x19 Anderson Hoppers. I wanted something that can stay open if it rains.
The windows are reversed to open/close them without having to go into the coop.
The roof is shingled the fencing is up and second coat of paint is finished. Starting to look like a real coop......Finally!
Here are a few of the inside. The windows and vent are covered w/hardware cloth
A closer look at the roost & droppings board.
Ready to occupy at last! I have removed the perch for the nest and covered it till they are ready to lay.
The First Egg! Happened at 18 weeks to the day.
The golfballs are to give them a hint of whats expected.
- The Little Red Barn
- › Angel star ~ angel vs demon RP 14 seconds ago
- › Unwanted "broody" 41 seconds ago
- › ** Help...Cold Chicks Tonight?? 47 seconds ago
- › ~*~Survive The City: A stray Dog RP RESTARTED~*~ 1 minute ago
- › Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs 1 minute ago
- › Barnevelder breeders lets work together and improve the breed 1 minute ago
- › Japanese Bantam Thread! 1 minute ago
- › Bantam Only Crazy Egg Chain 1 minute ago
- › will an egg with a detached cell hatch? 1 minute ago
- › *sigh* I'm loosing my touch. (Warning: Hi-jacked by Em) 1 minute ago
- › Nankin Bantams by Cambium29
- › Barnevelder by scwheeler24
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by awaxt2003
- › Leghorn by Chicken Goddess
- › Australorp by chickenman98
- › Aylesbury by cowgirlHH
- › 3 Quart Plastic Feed Scoop - Blue by cowgirlHH
- › Silkie by chickenlover89
- › Speckled Sussex by nova022
- › Little Giant - 3 Gallon Plastic Poultry Waterer - PPF3 by 29PalmsRanch
- › Chicken Mansion Supreme by sandrachicken
- › The Weenie flock by wein315
- › Feed-sack Fencing by SuperSilkies
- › I think I am reliving my childhod. My Mother... by skoodo
- › How To Tell Your Chicken's Gender by roostersandhens
- › Processing Day Support Group SUMMARY of THREAD by Sally Sunshine
- › The Lovely Holland Coop by the3littles
- › Cottage Coop De Ville by themorra
- › How to introduce your dog to your chickens... by Kathryn P
- › How to decide if a rooster is right for you! by Kathryn P