Breed Information, Comments, and Experience with breed:I love this breed! This heritage breed is a wonderful addition to your barnyard flock. In my experience they are neither submissive or dominant. They are wonderfully curious which makes them fun to watch. My kids even pick them up. They are awesome at foraging, making food bills lower. As for a larger chicken, they make a great dual purpose bird. Delivering a steady amount of eggs and a great meat bird too. In my opinion they are a great all around bird. Very hardy and beautiful. A strong looking bird that is fun to be around. This breed is on the critical list, you can help them by adding some to your flock! Check out my website for more info on this wonderful breed!
Gear mentioned in this article:
Related Forum Threads
- What is my big beautiful boy????? Last post on 1/11/12 at 9:35am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Old and Rare Breeds Last post on 10/7/14 at 9:51am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Java Thread Last post on 11/12/14 at 4:28pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Best recession/depression chicken breed(s)? Last post on 2/25/13 at 8:38am in General breed discussions & FAQ
Java Mottled Java
Currently, there are 1120 Active Users (127 Members and 993 Guests)
- › Fresh first time hatch 10 seconds ago
- › Pennsylvania!! Unite!! 19 seconds ago
- › The Wyandotte Thread 26 seconds ago
- › How long for supplemental light to work 44 seconds ago
- › RANDOM STUFF! 56 seconds ago
- › grannys gone and done it 1 minute ago
- › Livestock Guardian Dog Questions 3 minutes ago
- › HELP MY CHICK IS INJURED WHAT DO I DO 4 minutes ago
- › December Hatch-A-Long 2014 4 minutes ago
- › "Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps" 5 minutes ago
- › Brahma by cityfarmer12
- › Coturnix Quail by jchny2000
- › Poultry Protector Spray 16 oz. by Wyandottes7
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy by BantamLover21
- › Chick Bator Egg Incubator - 9108 by BantamLover21
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by BantamLover21
- › Euskal Oiloa - Marraduna Basque by Free Feather
- › Orpington by MinnetonkaBoater
- › Jersey Giant by MinnetonkaBoater
- › Gold Star by MinnetonkaBoater
- › ~Survivors~- A dog RP_ All are welcome
- › Information on Chicken Eyesight
- › In the day and life of my birds
- › ~*~ Frindizzle The Family Hobby Farm! ~*~
- › The Chicken Hotel (4'x8'x4')...
- › ~Standard Heritage Turkeys-Breeds, Facts and...
- › Cape Cod Coop
- › "Addition" to a cheap kit
- › Common chicken myths: true or false?
- › Horses of the Forever Storm~ always accepting~