Breed Information, Comments, and Experience with breed:I love this breed! This heritage breed is a wonderful addition to your barnyard flock. In my experience they are neither submissive or dominant. They are wonderfully curious which makes them fun to watch. My kids even pick them up. They are awesome at foraging, making food bills lower. As for a larger chicken, they make a great dual purpose bird. Delivering a steady amount of eggs and a great meat bird too. In my opinion they are a great all around bird. Very hardy and beautiful. A strong looking bird that is fun to be around. This breed is on the critical list, you can help them by adding some to your flock! Check out my website for more info on this wonderful breed!
Gear mentioned in this article:
Related Forum Threads
- What is my big beautiful boy????? Last post on 1/11/12 at 9:35am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Old and Rare Breeds Last post on 10/7/14 at 9:51am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Java Thread Last post on 10/19/14 at 7:38pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Best recession/depression chicken breed(s)? Last post on 2/25/13 at 8:38am in General breed discussions & FAQ
Java Mottled Java
Currently, there are 773 Active Users (47 Members and 726 Guests)
- › Hello! 47 seconds ago
- › Bumblefoot Cure 2 minutes ago
- › drakes lost his mojo! 2 minutes ago
- › UK Member Please SAy HI 4 minutes ago
- › Hello (new member) 6 minutes ago
- › Chick behaving strangely 7 minutes ago
- › Decrowing surgery - my roosters experiences 8 minutes ago
- › Chick disappeared! 9 minutes ago
- › Hi there! New member just chekcing in. 11 minutes ago
- › Sebastopol geese - selecting breeding stock, color genetics, and... 11 minutes ago
- › Ashley & Philippe & Jade's Coop...
- › My 6 Chooks
- › My friendly chickens
- › Missy/Tammy's First Time Flock
- › Snappy (The Gold Link hen)
- › - *_+ ♥ - *_ + Peep peep peep's...
- › Johnson Run
- › Chicken Coloring Book For Preschoolers
- › -+-♥-+-♥~Frindizzle's and...
- › mama aflack coop inspierd me to build this...