Breed Information, Comments, and Experience with breed:I love this breed! This heritage breed is a wonderful addition to your barnyard flock. In my experience they are neither submissive or dominant. They are wonderfully curious which makes them fun to watch. My kids even pick them up. They are awesome at foraging, making food bills lower. As for a larger chicken, they make a great dual purpose bird. Delivering a steady amount of eggs and a great meat bird too. In my opinion they are a great all around bird. Very hardy and beautiful. A strong looking bird that is fun to be around. This breed is on the critical list, you can help them by adding some to your flock! Check out my website for more info on this wonderful breed!
Gear mentioned in this article:
Related Forum Threads
- Heritage Rare Black Javas $3 each--test hatching complete w/ good results! Last post on 6/17/15 at 6:10pm in Chicken Hatching Eggs
- What is my big beautiful boy????? Last post on 1/11/12 at 9:35am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Old and Rare Breeds Last post on Yesterday at 9:39 am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Java Thread Last post on 2/27/17 at 12:38pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Best recession/depression chicken breed(s)? Last post on 4/20/15 at 7:02pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
Java Mottled Java
Currently, there are 2307 Active Users (257 Members and 2050 Guests)
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine. Hosts,... 42 seconds ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 45 seconds ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 52 seconds ago
- › Pekin Duck Club! 1 minute ago
- › What breed are they? 1 minute ago
- › Troyergals Chat Thread!!! 1 minute ago
- › d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics! 2 minutes ago
- › Dumor vs All-Grain 2 minutes ago
- › Hands on hatching and help 3 minutes ago
- › Surviving Minnesota! 3 minutes ago
- › Sicilian Buttercup by Hishigata
- › Orpington by jallen062
- › Favacauna by BlueJuniper
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by acemario
- › Malay by QueenMisha
- › Bantam-Cochin by givengrove
- › Ameraucana by melishkia
- › Featherman Poultry Set Up Special With Chill Tank by rjohns39
- › Jumbo White Coturnix by Jaromo99
- › Hamburg by AmandaKyle
- › SERAMA INCUBATION TIPS ~ Not hard to hatch...
- › casportpony's random chicken pictures
- › Best Pictures of 2017.
- › Soo EggCited the ladies will be here next...
- › Coop-A-Cabana and Coop de Ville....Soo...
- › Integrating new birds at 4 weeks old.
- › \~ * >One Will Reign< * ~/ a Wild Horse...
- › A Few of my BYC Besties
- › Duck Year, A Love Story
- › A Few of My BYC Friends...