Breed Information, Comments, and Experience with breed:I love this breed! This heritage breed is a wonderful addition to your barnyard flock. In my experience they are neither submissive or dominant. They are wonderfully curious which makes them fun to watch. My kids even pick them up. They are awesome at foraging, making food bills lower. As for a larger chicken, they make a great dual purpose bird. Delivering a steady amount of eggs and a great meat bird too. In my opinion they are a great all around bird. Very hardy and beautiful. A strong looking bird that is fun to be around. This breed is on the critical list, you can help them by adding some to your flock! Check out my website for more info on this wonderful breed!
Gear mentioned in this article:
Related Forum Threads
- Heritage Rare Black Javas $3 each--test hatching complete w/ good results! Last post on 6/17/15 at 6:10pm in Chicken Hatching Eggs
- What is my big beautiful boy????? Last post on 1/11/12 at 9:35am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Old and Rare Breeds Last post on 5/12/15 at 9:28am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Java Thread Last post on 6/29/15 at 10:50am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Best recession/depression chicken breed(s)? Last post on 4/20/15 at 7:02pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
Java Mottled Java
Currently, there are 2015 Active Users (322 Members and 1693 Guests)
- › Keep a word, drop a word! 3 seconds ago
- › The last letter Game 20 seconds ago
- › Virginia 37 seconds ago
- › Yum or Yuck? 43 seconds ago
- › grannys gone and done it 45 seconds ago
- › Let's share our chicken decor! 1 minute ago
- › Count as high as you can Without TickinChicken Posting 1 minute ago
- › What is this chicken thinking? 1 minute ago
- › She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one! 2 minutes ago
- › Minnesota! 2 minutes ago
- › Grandpa's Feeders Automatic Chicken Feeder - Standard (20lb... by Tevyes Dad
- › Plastic Flip Top Poultry Feeder by gachooks
- › Wyandotte by applebutter14
- › Cochin by chickenchick12
- › Svart Hona by applebutter14
- › Harris Farm 5 Gallon Top Fill Waterer by WYNot
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by bonnij69
- › Star by chik love
- › Barred Rock by bappl
- › Speckled Sussex by Dooze
- › Eggnog Anytime
- › Sesame Chicken Light Recipe
- › *Verge of War* Character Page
- › Egg binding cure
- › Chicken Names- comment if you want your...
- › Leg, Foot and Toe Issues in Poultry of All Ages
- › Alexandra-The Coolest Chicken Ever!
- › My chicken pages- Emma and the rest
- › Raise Chickens or not?...
- › Headlines: Chickens & Cats