Breed Information, Comments, and Experience with breed:I love this breed! This heritage breed is a wonderful addition to your barnyard flock. In my experience they are neither submissive or dominant. They are wonderfully curious which makes them fun to watch. My kids even pick them up. They are awesome at foraging, making food bills lower. As for a larger chicken, they make a great dual purpose bird. Delivering a steady amount of eggs and a great meat bird too. In my opinion they are a great all around bird. Very hardy and beautiful. A strong looking bird that is fun to be around. This breed is on the critical list, you can help them by adding some to your flock! Check out my website for more info on this wonderful breed!
Gear mentioned in this article:
Related Forum Threads
- Heritage Rare Black Javas $3 each--test hatching complete w/ good results! Last post on 6/17/15 at 6:10pm in Chicken Hatching Eggs
- What is my big beautiful boy????? Last post on 1/11/12 at 9:35am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Old and Rare Breeds Last post on Yesterday at 1:16 pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Java Thread Last post on 4/20/16 at 8:45am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Best recession/depression chicken breed(s)? Last post on 4/20/15 at 7:02pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
Java Mottled Java
Currently, there are 2022 Active Users (262 Members and 1760 Guests)
- › How can I keep my chickens cool when hot?? 7 seconds ago
- › Gender help 9 seconds ago
- › Coop underway..... 9 seconds ago
- › MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long... 16 seconds ago
- › New Layer or change in egg coloring 24 seconds ago
- › grannys gone and done it 31 seconds ago
- › Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2 56 seconds ago
- › The Natural Chicken Keeping thread - OTs welcome! 1 minute ago
- › Could this be Salpingitis?? 2 minutes ago
- › Hands on hatching and help 2 minutes ago
- › Broody Hen -Tips & Pictures on What to Do
- › Time-traveling couple with 'historical...
- › Time-traveling couple with chickens in New...
- › Little Lolly
- › The Egg-stravaganza
- › Care and Keeping of your Chicken Run
- › Cluckclucks BYC friends!!!!!
- › Cluckcluck1215s flock!!
- › "$210 in lumber and a weekend" coop
- › Birds of the Funny Farm