Breed Information, Comments, and Experience with breed:I love this breed! This heritage breed is a wonderful addition to your barnyard flock. In my experience they are neither submissive or dominant. They are wonderfully curious which makes them fun to watch. My kids even pick them up. They are awesome at foraging, making food bills lower. As for a larger chicken, they make a great dual purpose bird. Delivering a steady amount of eggs and a great meat bird too. In my opinion they are a great all around bird. Very hardy and beautiful. A strong looking bird that is fun to be around. This breed is on the critical list, you can help them by adding some to your flock! Check out my website for more info on this wonderful breed!
Gear mentioned in this article:
Related Forum Threads
- Heritage Rare Black Javas $3 each--test hatching complete w/ good results! Last post on 6/17/15 at 6:10pm in Chicken Hatching Eggs
- What is my big beautiful boy????? Last post on 1/11/12 at 9:35am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Old and Rare Breeds Last post on 9/26/15 at 9:58am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Java Thread Last post on 10/1/15 at 12:33pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Best recession/depression chicken breed(s)? Last post on 4/20/15 at 7:02pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
Java Mottled Java
Currently, there are 1740 Active Users (243 Members and 1497 Guests)
- › What is this chicken thinking? 5 seconds ago
- › Poorly Chicken - please help 15 seconds ago
- › Naked Neck/Turken Thread 16 seconds ago
- › Color genetics thread. 22 seconds ago
- › "Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps" 24 seconds ago
- › The Wyandotte Thread 37 seconds ago
- › Any Home Bakers Here? 1 minute ago
- › Frindizzle's Rooster Contest! - Winners Announced 1 minute ago
- › Duck Breed Focus - Indian Runner 1 minute ago
- › Hova Bator 1602N 2 minutes ago
- › Serama by SJchickens
- › Polish by chick fire
- › chicken coop, up to 5 chickens, Pets Station by BDutch
- › Ameraucana by EggyTheHen
- › Australorp by lozpearl
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by naturalchickens
- › American Game Bantams by ahmadeido
- › Orpington by QueenMisha
- › Rhode Island by QueenMisha
- › Easter Eggers by bappl
- › Raising a Human Imprinted...
- › Blooie's Rockin' Deviled Eggs
- › Chicken Arc
- › **How to photograph your chickens and other...
- › Kino's Flock [Image Heavy]
- › The Key to Happy Hens and Healthy Eggs
- › Kids with Disabilities Can Enjoy Chickens Too!
- › How to Take Your Chicken Photography to a...
- › Goat Kidding
- › Aussie backyard coop.