Breed Information, Comments, and Experience with breed:I love this breed! This heritage breed is a wonderful addition to your barnyard flock. In my experience they are neither submissive or dominant. They are wonderfully curious which makes them fun to watch. My kids even pick them up. They are awesome at foraging, making food bills lower. As for a larger chicken, they make a great dual purpose bird. Delivering a steady amount of eggs and a great meat bird too. In my opinion they are a great all around bird. Very hardy and beautiful. A strong looking bird that is fun to be around. This breed is on the critical list, you can help them by adding some to your flock! Check out my website for more info on this wonderful breed!
Gear mentioned in this article:
Related Forum Threads
- 12 eggs available to ship 3/24 Heritage Rare Black Javas--test hatching Last post on Yesterday at 4:06 pm in Chicken Hatching Eggs
- What is my big beautiful boy????? Last post on 1/11/12 at 9:35am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Old and Rare Breeds Last post on 2/27/15 at 2:49pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Java Thread Last post on Today at 12:40 pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Best recession/depression chicken breed(s)? Last post on 1/22/15 at 4:38pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
Java Mottled Java
Currently, there are 2201 Active Users (320 Members and 1881 Guests)
- › Hi all chicken lovers 1 second ago
- › ~*~ Tracks in the Snow-Sleddog RP~*~ 8 seconds ago
- › treats? 20 seconds ago
- › How to sex Black Copper Marans chicks? 22 seconds ago
- › yongchooklovers chat thread come If you are insane. 24 seconds ago
- › Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread! 44 seconds ago
- › Contest #7 Cutest Baby Fowl - 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatchalong 46 seconds ago
- › Contest #15 Guess How Many Eggs Will HATCH! - 6th Annual BYC... 1 minute ago
- › ?¿?¿?¿?¿Two Lives A Super Hero Role Play¿?¿?¿?¿? 1 minute ago
- › 6 weeks: easter Egger pullet or roo? 1 minute ago
- › Barred Rock by jknox1982
- › Polish by victoria7668
- › Rhode Island by RedBreasted
- › New Hampshire by Theofire88
- › Wyandotte by Theofire88
- › Orpington by Free Feather
- › Big Bird Laying Nests by Chickenshoe
- › Delaware by Noodlez
- › Pullet-Shut Automatic Chicken Door Chickendoors.com by msyfoopoo
- › Peafowl by annarogetta
- › histoire de poulailler, the story of a...
- › Amazing BYC Members 2
- › My little peepers!
- › Raising Chicks: Frequently Asked Questions...
- › Little Yellow Hen House
- › O'Neill Cluck 'o the Irish Bed...
- › Amazing BYC Members
- › Our large coop for 6 hens
- › Downton Coop
- › Southern New Jersey Cluckingham Palace