Breed Information, Comments, and Experience with breed:I love this breed! This heritage breed is a wonderful addition to your barnyard flock. In my experience they are neither submissive or dominant. They are wonderfully curious which makes them fun to watch. My kids even pick them up. They are awesome at foraging, making food bills lower. As for a larger chicken, they make a great dual purpose bird. Delivering a steady amount of eggs and a great meat bird too. In my opinion they are a great all around bird. Very hardy and beautiful. A strong looking bird that is fun to be around. This breed is on the critical list, you can help them by adding some to your flock! Check out my website for more info on this wonderful breed!
Gear mentioned in this article:
Related Forum Threads
- Heritage Rare Black Javas $3 each--test hatching complete w/ good results! Last post on 6/17/15 at 6:10pm in Chicken Hatching Eggs
- What is my big beautiful boy????? Last post on 1/11/12 at 9:35am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Old and Rare Breeds Last post on 11/2/15 at 2:22pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Java Thread Last post on 11/19/15 at 6:33pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Best recession/depression chicken breed(s)? Last post on 4/20/15 at 7:02pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
Java Mottled Java
Currently, there are 1390 Active Users (173 Members and 1217 Guests)
- › French frogs 21 seconds ago
- › INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come hatch, learn, Chat, Meet new Friends! 49 seconds ago
- › Dixie Chicks 1 minute ago
- › Day 27 no movement no pipping? 1 minute ago
- › Cream Legbar Working Group: Standard of Perfection 2 minutes ago
- › Quotes and thoughts for the day 2 minutes ago
- › grannys gone and done it 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Dog to Goats 2 minutes ago
- › Egg turning 2 minutes ago
- › Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds 2 minutes ago
- › Silkie by ScottyTerrier
- › Star by ameliadanielle
- › Barred Rock by cluck333
- › Belgian d'Uccle by puffypoo22
- › Easter Eggers by Bessetti
- › Orpington by Bessetti
- › Nite Guard Predator Control Light by bestnestbox
- › Pullet-Shut Automatic Chicken Door Chickendoors.com by dogwood8
- › Plastic 1 Quart Jar Feeder by Libertyrose03
- › 12 lb. Metal Hanging Poultry Feeder by Ifish
- › Ferdie the Rooster
- › Ferdinand the Rooster
- › Take that, Paris Hilton!
- › So Paris Hilton has a pet Chihuahua? Well...
- › AtiHENza's Place
- › Prosciutto and spinach quiche
- › Cottage Playhouse Plastic Chicken Coop.
- › Hen Mahal of the Gold Coast
- › My Flock - Chickens & Ducks
- › Free Range Run and Water Tank Coop