Breed Information, Comments, and Experience with breed:I love this breed! This heritage breed is a wonderful addition to your barnyard flock. In my experience they are neither submissive or dominant. They are wonderfully curious which makes them fun to watch. My kids even pick them up. They are awesome at foraging, making food bills lower. As for a larger chicken, they make a great dual purpose bird. Delivering a steady amount of eggs and a great meat bird too. In my opinion they are a great all around bird. Very hardy and beautiful. A strong looking bird that is fun to be around. This breed is on the critical list, you can help them by adding some to your flock! Check out my website for more info on this wonderful breed!
Gear mentioned in this article:
Related Forum Threads
- What is my big beautiful boy????? Last post on 1/11/12 at 9:35am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Old and Rare Breeds Last post on 8/5/14 at 3:18pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Java Thread Last post on 7/19/14 at 10:38am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Best recession/depression chicken breed(s)? Last post on 2/25/13 at 8:38am in General breed discussions & FAQ
Java Mottled Java
Currently, there are 1536 Active Users (222 Members and 1314 Guests)
- › Hawks and how to stop them! 13 seconds ago
- › Cochin Thread!!! 1 minute ago
- › Raising a bucket calf for meat? 1 minute ago
- › Controling flies 2 minutes ago
- › What to do when your chickens from a breeder aren't right? 2 minutes ago
- › Anyone want to take a guess? 2 minutes ago
- › Locator Pigeon People 2 minutes ago
- › molting 2 minutes ago
- › Hello from TN 3 minutes ago
- › Wanted Blonde Bobwhites 3 minutes ago
- › Winter Chicken Keeping
- › My Guinea Adventure!
- › Apple Cider Vinegar and Garlic: Two of the...
- › handyhens little flock
- › I think I want chickens
- › Atomic Powers Member Page
- › What should I do with that old trampoline?
- › Quacks, Honks, And Clucks ~ A Duck, Goose,...
- › Hildy's Chicken Deluxe
- › Almost finished small coop, pen