Breed Information, Comments, and Experience with breed:I love this breed! This heritage breed is a wonderful addition to your barnyard flock. In my experience they are neither submissive or dominant. They are wonderfully curious which makes them fun to watch. My kids even pick them up. They are awesome at foraging, making food bills lower. As for a larger chicken, they make a great dual purpose bird. Delivering a steady amount of eggs and a great meat bird too. In my opinion they are a great all around bird. Very hardy and beautiful. A strong looking bird that is fun to be around. This breed is on the critical list, you can help them by adding some to your flock! Check out my website for more info on this wonderful breed!
Gear mentioned in this article:
Related Forum Threads
- What is my big beautiful boy????? Last post on 1/11/12 at 9:35am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Old and Rare Breeds Last post on 5/13/14 at 2:56pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Java Thread Last post on 7/19/14 at 10:38am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Best recession/depression chicken breed(s)? Last post on 2/25/13 at 8:38am in General breed discussions & FAQ
Java Mottled Java
Currently, there are 1729 Active Users (329 Members and 1400 Guests)
- › Dutch Bantams Breed Thread 1 second ago
- › boulders moved what is this?!? 10 seconds ago
- › Blackish Brown beaks of peafolws 18 seconds ago
- › should i feed a broody hen with chicks while on the nest? 21 seconds ago
- › ~The School Of Fright~ New RP 52 seconds ago
- › Is this a rat? 1 minute ago
- › another questiion 1 minute ago
- › Lost Whole Flock 1 minute ago
- › The 2nd Rate the avatar of the person above you! 1 minute ago
- › Silkie hen crows? 1 minute ago
- › Cayuga by okiegirl47
- › Plastic 1 Quart Jar Waterer by Mother-Rhodes
- › Octagon 20 Advance - digital menu driven incubator calibrated from... by TattooedMama
- › Gold Star by Butterprint
- › White Star Hybrid by cluckcluckgirl
- › Easter Eggers by thinks2much2
- › Orpington by Lianimals
- › Polish by PoultryQueen101
- › Ameraucana by PoultryQueen101
- › Australorp by ChickenLover172
- › Playset Conversion
- › American games for sale
- › Poultry Queens' Beautiful Birds
- › Chicken hallway
- › 6 Easy Steps for Happy Chickens
- › My First Coop: Circ Du Poulet
- › Sande Family Chicken and Backyard Adventures..
- › Japanese quails as pets - breeding and raising.
- › Raising ducklings from the age of 2 weeks -...
- › Clucky-Huddle Coop