Breed Information, Comments, and Experience with breed:I love this breed! This heritage breed is a wonderful addition to your barnyard flock. In my experience they are neither submissive or dominant. They are wonderfully curious which makes them fun to watch. My kids even pick them up. They are awesome at foraging, making food bills lower. As for a larger chicken, they make a great dual purpose bird. Delivering a steady amount of eggs and a great meat bird too. In my opinion they are a great all around bird. Very hardy and beautiful. A strong looking bird that is fun to be around. This breed is on the critical list, you can help them by adding some to your flock! Check out my website for more info on this wonderful breed!
Gear mentioned in this article:
Related Forum Threads
- Heritage Rare Black Javas $3 each--test hatching complete w/ good results! Last post on 6/17/15 at 6:10pm in Chicken Hatching Eggs
- What is my big beautiful boy????? Last post on 1/11/12 at 9:35am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Old and Rare Breeds Last post on 5/25/16 at 1:16pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Java Thread Last post on 7/2/16 at 10:38pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Best recession/depression chicken breed(s)? Last post on 4/20/15 at 7:02pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
Java Mottled Java
Currently, there are 1148 Active Users (105 Members and 1043 Guests)
- › Safeguard???? 2 minutes ago
- › Mountain Peep's Awesome Chat Thread! (All friends welcome!) 5 minutes ago
- › Pale comb? 6 minutes ago
- › Hawk trouble 9 minutes ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 9 minutes ago
- › INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come hatch, learn, Chat, Meet new Friends w/... 9 minutes ago
- › Sevin Dust on your chickens? 12 minutes ago
- › My leukemia's back. 14 minutes ago
- › A good dog is a great protector of the flock 18 minutes ago
- › Toddlers are Quackers 22 minutes ago
- › Sebright by Duckee
- › ***Threaded Style*** Oasis Poultry Water Nipples, 10 Pack, Sanitary... by BackyardFlock17
- › Hanging Bucket Chicken Nipple Waterer by BackyardFlock17
- › Chicken Coop, Portable, for 3 to 5 hens by Abbiem00
- › Brahma by SHERRING7712
- › Naked Neck-turken by draye
- › Delaware by hildar
- › Keeping Pet Chickens: Bring Your Backyard to Life and Enjoy the... by Adrian Medlicot
- › Pekin by TheMauveDuck
- › Chantecler by josy
- › My very very very best BYC friends!!!
- › Austrolover1's Best BYC Friends!!!!!
- › My little flock <3
- › My Sebastopol geese
- › Old Chickens: Giving Them a Comfortable Last...
- › Easy Ways to Tell the Gender of Your Duck~
- › Current Flock - 2016
- › ^^the silver heart land^^member page
- › Shela's little flock!
- › My Egg Drop Soup~