Related Forum Threads
- Custom Critter Carriers,Coops,Tractors,Hutches;etc Last post on 2/23/13 at 7:34pm in Where am I? Where are you!
ChooksChick's Hints for Henthusiasts
Edited on 3/30/13
- Serenity Garden Coop (Witchita Cabin knockoff)Edited on 3/18/13
- Virginia Woodland CoopEdited on 4/28/13
- Mukilteo Coop
- topicMedium Coops
Alphabetical Article List
Kenlamwv's Chicken Coop
Welcome to my Backyard Chicken page and my coop on Lamoureux Landing (my mini farmstead of 6 acres). My name is Ken Lamoureux and I live in the outskirts of Bridgeport West Virginia. This is my first attempt at raising chickens and I wanted to make sure I did it right. I currently have 16 birds of different varieties. I have 3 Barred Rocks, 3 Rhode Island Reds, 3 Black Australorps, 3 Golden Lace Wyandottes, 1 Golden Comet, 1 Black Sex Link, 1 Araucana, and 1 Silver Lace Wyandotte.
Check out my other internet pages: My chicken videos on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/LamoureuxLanding
Become a friend on Facebook, just post on your request, "BYC". Do a friend search for : Lamoureux Landing. Get posts from Queenie- our SpokesHen.
My Coop, built in the spring of 2010. Its an 8x10 with one of my runs built on the rear.
This is the rear of my coop. Currently I have 1/2 inch mesh and 1 inch wire on the right run opening. I hope to have some extra money to built my super run off of this side. The current run is 5x16 and the next one I would like to at least make a 20x20.
Here is a picture of the inside of my coop. The wire fencing on the right has been removed and is now open. I used this to help acclimate my four birds in the photo to my other girls.
Photo is of my four new girls- Halley, Seussie, Oriole and Liberty.
This photo is of my Araucana- Seussie. Being she's my only green egg layer, I felt I needed to name her after the writer of the greatest kids story ever , Dr. Seuss, of Green Eggs and Ham. The other bird is Halley- My Golden Comet
My Rhode Island Red- Hoppy. She injured her leg one day (currently healed) and just hopped around the yard.
Seussie on the roof of the coop.
Oriole (my black sex link) and one of the Barred Rocks roosting by the door.
My Redneck Parrot- Rosie and I
More to come later from Lamoureux Landing!!! See my second page- construction of the SuperRun, inside the coop and my designs to access the coop run and entrydoor safety.
- Serenity Garden Coop (Witchita Cabin knockoff)
- › 12 Week Old Gender help please!! 2 seconds ago
- › 8 week old Ameraucana, weird hen or rooster? 18 seconds ago
- › Growing fodder for chickens 40 seconds ago
- › What breed is my lead bird? 46 seconds ago
- › NEW RP!!~Savannah Survival~RP *Accepting Players!!!* 46 seconds ago
- › *sigh* I'm loosing my touch. (Warning: Hi-jacked by Em) 1 minute ago
- › How do you attach legs to your coop? 1 minute ago
- › Boys VS girls (Never stops!) 1 minute ago
- › May WYGS Mystery Swap~ Closed 1 minute ago
- › Consolidated Kansas 1 minute ago
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by awaxt2003
- › Leghorn by Chicken Goddess
- › Australorp by chickenman98
- › Aylesbury by cowgirlHH
- › 3 Quart Plastic Feed Scoop - Blue by cowgirlHH
- › Silkie by chickenlover89
- › Speckled Sussex by nova022
- › Little Giant - 3 Gallon Plastic Poultry Waterer - PPF3 by 29PalmsRanch
- › Pullet-Shut Automatic Chicken Door Chickendoors.com by celticgarden
- › Mallard by Zombified
- › The Weenie flock by wein315
- › Feed-sack Fencing by SuperSilkies
- › I think I am reliving my childhod. My Mother... by skoodo
- › How To Tell Your Chicken's Gender by roostersandhens
- › Processing Day Support Group SUMMARY of THREAD by Sally Sunshine
- › The Lovely Holland Coop by the3littles
- › Cottage Coop De Ville by themorra
- › How to introduce your dog to your chickens... by Kathryn P
- › How to decide if a rooster is right for you! by Kathryn P
- › From citygirl to backyard chicken farmer by Kathie816