The BackYardChickens Forum is a place for members to ask questions, share their experiences, and help each other learn while making new friends.
We've got a huge community, so in order to manage such a large group of diverse people we must enforce certain standards and rules. Underlying these rules is the fact that BackYardChickens is a place where people of different backgrounds and ideas can all feel comfortable participating around their same interest.
- Be friendly and courteous to all members at all times.
- Respect the BackYardChickens Staff. They dedicate LOTS of volunteer time keeping the forum running smoothly.
- Be nice to newcomers and help them feel welcome.
- Respect that people may have a different political, religious, philosophical and cultural background than you.
- Be very descriptive in the subjects of your new topics and try to stay on topic as you post. Example: do not say "HELP ME!", but instead say "I'm having a problem with xxx yyy and could use some help"
- Link back to BackYardChickens from your site and/or blog, especially if you put a link to another site in your forum signature (see rules on similar sites below)
- Have fun and learn!
This is a list of things you should not do on our board. BackYardChickens Staff will lock or remove topics if there are posts that are contrary to the good of the community. The BackYardChickens staff have many years of combined experience with this community and these rules are based on this experience. The staff love the community, but if a member continues to disregard our guidelines they will be banned from accessing the BackYardChickens forum.
- Remember this is a family friendly community, so no swearing, foul language, or profanity.
- Definitely no inappropriate topics, especially "Adult"or innuendo.
- No Flaming (verbally attacking people or groups of people - e.g. a profession, an organization, a company.)
- No Trolling (posting to provoke others, luring them to flame or rant). Trolling is sometimes done involuntarily, so please be considerate when posting. NOTE: Do not reply to or quote people who troll or flame. Doing so may also be considered breaking our rules.
- No Teasing, mocking, ridiculing, or otherwise making fun at other member's expense.
- No Fighting or excessive arguing. Taking a personal conflict to the forum is unacceptable. "I'm right, you're wrong" threads and posts will be edited or deleted.
- Do not advertise your products or services outside of the appropriate Buy Sell Trade (BST) areas of the forum.
- No Bumping or Cross-posting topics. Bumping is posting to move a thread up on the forum list, and cross-posting is posting the same thread in several forums.
- Do not post overly personal information like your phone number, address, age, or any other overly personal info. Minors especially should not post information that will identify them or their age.
- Do not promote other websites that are "similar" to BackYardChickens, especially similar forums. Sometimes it may be appropriate to link to another site that has specific information relative to a question, but moderators have to right to remove links and posts at their discretion.
- Do not bring drama that happens on other forums, websites, social media, etc. to BackYardChickens.
- Do not solicit donations or charitable requests for yourself or other people or organizations.
- We strongly discourage religious and political topics and reserve the right to delete them at our discretion. These topics of religion and politics should be confined to the “Random Ramblings” section of the forum.
- No discussions about animal rights organizations or Cock fighting
BackYardChickens staff spend a TON of time and energy to keep the forum running smoothly. How BackYardChickens staff moderate is never a topic for open discussion on the forum. If you have any questions or feedback on moderation it should be addressed to the Administrator or the specific moderator via email or private message.
15. Do not post threads questioning moderation. If you have an issue with one of our rules, moderators, etc. please contact another moderator or a forum administrator via private message
16. If a topic is closed or removed do not, under any circumstances, re-post the same topic or material. If you have any questions as to why a thread was closed or removed please contact a BackYardChickens staff member.
* You'll automatically be registered for the BackYardChickens newsletter. If you want to be removed from the newsletter simply follow the very easy unsubscribe instructions on the first one you receive.
* Private messages via our forum can not be accessed by other members or the moderators. The administrator may review private messages if problems arise (for example, if members are reported as spamming via PM's)
* It is at our sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse or remove any users or content from the site.
* By joining BackYardChickens and posting/uploading comment, images, ideas, etc. you are giving BackYardChickens full rights to use this content. If you decide to leave the BackYardChickens community, BackYardChickens will not be required to remove your content.
* Our Policy Toward Children: We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.
* The opinions expressed on the forum are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the positions of the BackYardChickens website and/or its staff.
* To participate in the Buy, Sell, Auction portion of BackYardChickens you must agree to all the rules here.
In general, you agree not to post any material that is illegal, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, harassing, threatening, invasive of another person's privacy, or a violation of copyright. You agree that the administrators and moderators of this site have the right to remove, edit, move or lock any material on the site, at any time for any reason. However, it is impossible for the administrators and moderators to review all material for objectionable content. Therefore you acknowledge that such material expresses the views and opinions of the author only, and the administrators and moderators will not be held liable. You also agree that posting material (information, posts, topics, pictures, etc.) to our forum and website implicitly grants BackYardChickens a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, non-revocable license to use and change said material for the purposes of running BackYardChickens.
If you agree to the rules above, please continue with your registration. Welcome to BackYardChickens and please enjoy your time here!