2.5wk update! (with video for those interested)

FranciscoR

Chirping
Mar 28, 2015
Independence, Ky
So, it has been a very fun 2.5wks with my girls. They are all doing fine! It's incredible the rate at which they grow...really is. I moved them to the bigger sized "brooder." Although truthfully, their final coop floorspace won't be much bigger. As soon as I transferred them, they started heavy scratching, pecking, etc. They are really coming into their own.

I decided to go the route of "deep litter." It seems like a good idea, but I will have to modifier how I do their food/water, and nesting boxes. I don't think it'll be an issue although. I believe simply raising either up on a platform will do the trick. With the little being around 3-4" deep when coop floor fully done, simply building a platform as tall as a 2x4 is wide will do.

A lot of people ask about chicks, chickens, and their behavior. I myself was REALLY curious. I figured a quick video can't hurt. It'll give people an idea of what it is like owning 2.5wk chicks. The quality isn't great, but it shows how mobile / agile they are. There's a reason why you need tall walls...lol

0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom