Geese Feeders

I just use 2-3 gallon buckets hung from chains in the barn where they sleep and have access to while they are out and about during the day. I hang them up so I'm not paying to feed the rodents! I give them a bucket of alfalfa/grass hay mix and a bucket of specialty mix of grain from a local organic grain mill/feed store. I use the chains because that is the only thing the geese don't chew through to turn the buckets into toys.

I use goat feeders from TSC but I have to keep my chickens out of the feeders so these work for me. The geese and ducks use them with out any problems. Making something similar shouldn't be hard for you. Miss handy lady.
wink.png

Last edited:
I feed the guineas that way, only the feeder is that metal feeder from TSC, it's for chickens. My geese seem to all eat at the same time. Would 4 geese be able to eat at the same time with a 2-3 gal bucket or do you hang several buckets?

Thanks for the link. I don't know if that would work with an open air coop. If it's on the ground, the curtains would have to be down, so the feed wouldn't get wet when it rains. If it were on a rope or chain, it could be raised up passed the curtains that are rolled up and it would stay dry. I don't like keeping the curtains down, that defeats the purpose of the open air coop.Both good ideas though.

Thanks for the link. I don't know if that would work with an open air coop. If it's on the ground, the curtains would have to be down, so the feed wouldn't get wet when it rains. If it were on a rope or chain, it could be raised up passed the curtains that are rolled up and it would stay dry. I don't like keeping the curtains down, that defeats the purpose of the open air coop.Both good ideas though.

I have this set up also. Right now I'm using the galvanized chicken feeder for the guineas

I have this set up also. Right now I'm using the galvanized chicken feeder for the guineas
True about the open air yep all my feeders are under roofs. I am sure if I didn't have chickens I would most likely be using a different system, but this is what has worked to keep the chickens out of the feed.

I'm looking for a better feeding solution too. My feeder must be outside since there is no room in the small shelter. Miss Lydia I guess you mean you have to keep the chickens from climbing into the feeder because it looks like they could still feed from it...I have chickens too... And I can't understand how geese get up to a bucket in the air? What am I missing? Is it pulled up at times and not always available?
I would love more pics!...

Back
Top Bottom