Chicken plucker drill attachment

We have a chicken plucker but it has a lot of nubbins compared to that drill attachment.
It seems to me you could hand pluck faster than using that drill. However, if you have a lot of chickens to pluck, the drill might keep your hands from cramping up.

If you are remotely ok withhand tools i made one i seen on youtube
Cost me 15 dollors uses a 4 inch pvc end cap
And bungie cords
Mine has 12 fingers and with my 10 yr old son helping me it worked better than i expected be soon ready to try it again

Good luck and happy pluckn
Scott

From the sound of the comments on the Amazon link, it sounds like hand plucking would be almost as fast and you would not have a yard full of feathers. It takes me about 5-10 minutes to hand pluck a scalded chicken with another 5-10 minutes to gut. But I spend another 15 min on each bird cleaning some more at the kitchen sink before bagging up. I like to move fast when outside so my scalding water does not cool and my birds get into the ice water as fast as possible.

Scoremaster's homemade plucker sounds interesting. Hope he posts the link.

Just to reply to the yard full of feathers i set my station up on some saw horses and put a 33 gallon garbage can that the plucker is half in and half out and depending on direction of the drill will shoot the feathers right down in the can.

I should say not half way in the can but the shaft is resting on the cans edge.
The only feathers i had left in mine after a min of the plucker was the tail and ends of wings .
And since it was my first time i feel it did awsome and will use it for sure
Another peice of info i will give is to when using the plucker just place the chicken against the ends of the spinning rubbers and move it around if you try to use more than the tios it will not be as effective .

Good luck and happy plucking ,

Scott

Buying the supplies to make a plucker tonight. Fingers crossed it all works well

Back
Top Bottom