Boys or girls???

Ducks4us

Crowing
8 Years
Mar 31, 2015
North Idaho
first let me add im very new to quail... I got 5 hens- 2 weeks ago
And then yesterday i picked up 20--- supposed to be 18 girls and two boys , however i received 21 and she said she added an xtra boy because he was the only one left ...
So im trying to find the boys.... I have found one for positive.. He is the typical coloring .. However these 3 im unsure of
#1.

Also do any spots on the chest at all mean its a girl??
Cause there is one more who seems agressive that has a couple spots but not a ton... And so im undecided on that one as well.
Doing pretty good otherwise. She said they are 8 week sold and no one is laying yet:.. But i got 11 eggs last night so some are :)

Give them over 22% protein & some oyster shell to get them laying. Pull any you suspect out & see of they start crowing.

Give them over 22% protein & some oyster shell to get them laying. Pull any you suspect out & see of they start crowing.

They Already have both the feed and the oyster shell... Thanks :)
And some are already laying... I only just got them yesterday.
So do you mean they will crow when seperated??
I will try that. And how early do they start crowing? These are supposed to be 7-8 weeks old

4+weeks

They will crow to the ladies when they are moved away from them. The ladies will call back when they are alone also but it usually isn't a crow. I've only had one hen that I can remember that crowed.

Back
Top Bottom