Start to a blood ring??

mlee08

In the Brooder
Jul 31, 2015
Illinois
Hello! This is my first time incubating eggs, so it is also my first time candling. I got the best picture from candling from the side. This is a pekin duck egg and I am now on day 5 of incubation. This photo was taken late night of day 4. There seems to be a faint ring. Is this a blood ring? I just checked again today the veins are now a bit darker but the ring is still there.

Thank you!!

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! It could be but nothing at this time would say to me that your egg should be tossed away. Leave it incubating for now and recandle again in a few more days to check for further development. Sometimes they can look like a blood ring only for them to be cracked open and a good healthy embryo to be found. Always best to leave any that you are unsure of in there.

Wishing you the very best of luck and I'm sure the duck experts will be able to help you some more too.

Good luck and enjoy BYC :frow

Last edited:
Thank you for the help!!! I am brand new I had not realized I posted to the wrong thread. I appreciate the help though! I will try again on day 7 :)

Back
Top Bottom