I Just Got Some Babies Yesterday!

LindaHolle

Hatching
Aug 14, 2015
Hi Everybody,
I got 6 babies yesterday and I am so excited! I have them under a heat lamp. I tried for about three weeks to find some Baby Buff Orpingtons for sale, but finally gave up. I got these at a hardware store. They are probably mixed breeds. But at least I did get one Buff (at least I think so) out of the sale! Hopefully they will mostly be girls. If more than one turns out to be a boy, will they fight with each other when they get older? Thank-You!

They won't fight a lot, since they're brought up together. They will probably fight a little, but you shouldn't try to break up the fights.

I got 5 chicks yesterday! So exciting! My first store bought chicks. I'm sick with a cold and I'm half tempted to layer my bed with towels and let my chickys lay in bed and watch trash reality tv with me. ;)

Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

welcome-byc.gif

Congrats on your first, new baby chicks!!!! If you have not done so already, try heading over to this forum to learn more about caring for your new chicks. There is so much to learn: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/11/raising-baby-chicks.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom