New member/chicken fanatic here! Meet our flock!

HeatherIhn

In the Brooder
Sep 1, 2015
Hi All! My name is Heather, and I live in San Mateo CA with my fiance. We bit the bullet and got ourselves some chickens this year. They have been such a great addition to our family! And such a learning experience! We had all of these ladies as tiny chicks, and they have grown so fast!

Dyno, the Easter Egger. She's realllly crazy, and the bravest of the bunch!

Little Cricket is about a week younger than the rest. We had one pass away so we got two more to fill her spot. She is a Silver Laced Wyandotte

Here's the gals together, but I was focusing on the one on the far left, named Eggitha. I can't tell if she is our Australorp or Olive egger.

Here is Pebble. She is also either an australorp or olive egger.

This one is Butternut, she came with Cricket. She's our sweetie, and a Buff Orpington

Last but not least is Margaret Hatcher. We were worried she might be a cockerel but you guys at Backyard Chickens gave us the peace of mind that she is still a she! Yay! Is is our Black Cuckoo Maran, and leads the girls in at night to the coop.

Hello, Heather, welcome to BYC. Eggitha is your OE, and pebble is your Australorp. Can we have a profile shot of ' Margaret H'?

This is the best I have of Margaret (they are such quick little things), but I can get a better one later!

I was suspicious of her first picture, but the feathering in the second seems to indicate that she is a pullet.

Welcome to BYC, Heather. Glad you decided to join our flock. You have a beautiful flock. Thanks for posting the pics. :eek:) If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is loads of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Welcome to the BYC flock! We are very glad you decided to join us!

welcome-byc.gif

Thank you for introducing us to your flock!

Nice to meet you Heather, Welcome to Backyard chickens. I know I met Margaret Thatcher before ( "what breed or gender is this.") You have a very nice flock.

I was suspicious of her first picture, but the feathering in the second seems to indicate that she is a pullet.
Nice to meet you Heather, Welcome to Backyard chickens. I know I met Margaret Thatcher before ( "what breed or gender is this.") You have a very nice flock.
X2 on both posts; and as I stated on your other post, Margaret Hatcher is definitely a pullet. :eek:)

Hi Heather, welcome to BYC!

Thanks for sharing the pictures, you have a lovely flock. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. There is a ton of information available here and lots of friendly, knowledgeable members.

Nice to have you here!

Back
Top Bottom