mccomb chick broorder

stew1

In the Brooder
5 Years
Dec 8, 2014
Just wondering if there is any one out there that know any thing about them? I found one out at my grandmas, its electric, 4' x 4', and has the spring looking heating coils. It does work and I was thinking about using it. I was wondering if it would be cheaper to run than the red brooder bulbs. Just so who ever reads this im hoping for around 100 chicks not just a small group. The 250 watt bulbs on all the time is kinda expensive, this has a thermostat and only sits about 12 inches off the ground. Thanks stew

Hard to find info on them. Here's what I found in Google Books:
Publication: The Daily Journal-Gazette iLocation: Mattoon, IllinoisIssue Date: Monday, April 14, 1947
Page 7
Wolf Auto Supply. t-lS FOR BALE McCormlck Deerlng cream seperator. also McComb chick brooder.
------------------
December 1, 1944
Belvidere Daily Republican from Belvidere, Illinois · Page 7
2 truck wagons; 2 steel wheel wagons; hayrack; J-D single-row cultivator; McD. hay loader; 2-hole corn sheller; fanning mill; McComb chick brooder, 300 size;
--------------------
I don't know what span of years they were made but seeing these ads, I would thoroughly check the electrical before using it.
Best,
Karen

Ok I read the name on the dusty hood wrong its makomb. I skipped the thermostat and plugged it in and it turned on. I have a much better thermo laying around I plan on using. And yeah needs all rewired, old cloth stuff. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom