Hi from Albuquerque!

nrrdgrrl

Hatching
Oct 6, 2015
Albuquerque, New Mexico
I've been stalking this forum for a while since I don't have chickens yet, but I'm excited to be a new member! I came to realize that I could own chickens in our urban neighborhood while feeding my baby in the middle of the night and it's turned into a slight obsession! I hope to get some chickens next spring!

Last edited:

Hello and welcome to BYC!

What a great idea - good for you
thumbsup.gif
. You could start your chicken education by visiting the Learning Center. Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock, glad you joined us.

welcome-byc.gif

Good luck to you on getting chickens in the spring! Do you know what breeds you want yet?

Now you'll have all winter and spring to read up on everything you can find and get a coop/run ready for them

If you have questions, always feel free to ask!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I am mostly interested in "pets with benefits," so looking for friendly chickens that lay fun colors of eggs at a fair rate (we actually don't eat a whole lot of eggs in my house-go figure!). I have fallen in love with the Jubilee Orpington, but because they are more difficult to find, I'm going to start out with 4 hens and try letting a broody hatch one for me. I have also told my four year old that she can have a fluffy silkie.

My short list of breeds that I would start out with are: buff Orpington, silkie, Welsummer, Easter egger, barred Plymouth Rock and a laced Wyandotte.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom