Hey Hey Hey... New Member Here

efisk

Hatching
Nov 16, 2015
I am a new member to BYC and I am looking forward to the information I can get from all of you and what I can share with the group.

I own three Barred Rocks 1 Hen and 2 roosters. Loving every minute of owning my own chickens.

Thank you,
Eric

Hi Eric,
welcome-byc.gif

Barred Plymouth Rocks are nice birds, I have 3 of them in my mixed flock also. I'm wondering about the 2 roo/1 hen combination you have. It's generally recommended 1 rooster to about 10 hens so over-breeding stress and injuries don't occur. How old are your birds?

NorthFLChick,

It's not by choice. I have been trying to get rid of one but everybody is looking for a hen to go with as well and I am not willing to get rid of my hen.

NorthFLChick,

It's not by choice. I have been trying to get rid of one but everybody is looking for a hen to go with as well and I am not willing to get rid of my hen.

Can you get more girls?

If the two roos gang up on your hen, you may not have her much longer. Actually even just one rooster, would be punishment for her. You need several more hens to share the grief or don't keep any roos and make the girls supremely happy.

Back
Top Bottom