Where can I buy a kill cone?

Dundee

In the Brooder
Jul 26, 2015
Desert Hills, AZ
I've been to the local feed stores and I can't seem to find a kill cone for my 30 + lbs turkey. I was thinking of making one but with his weight I'll have to do some welding to make it sturdy enough. I've looked online but I'd rather buy it in person so I can investigate if it'd be strong enough. Any thoughts on where I should go?

We cut the corner out of a 50lb feed bag. Slipped the bag over their bodies with their head through the hole in the corner. Then hung them by their feet. It was easier than it sounds. So if you can't find what your looking for you may want to give that a try.

I just checked Amazon for poultry processing equipment. They have them. The bag idea would be cheaper though.

We just got done killing our turkey. With ideas from other BYC members I cut a hole in the corner of a trash bag. (It was kitchen size.) Put the head and neck through then wrapped it around and tied it where the legs began. I hung the turkey with twine by the feet. It worked very well. We didn't get beat by the wings and with a super sharp blade this time we a very quick kill.

I have a tin kill cone and it wasn't big enough for jumbo boilers so I have a metal stand that holds 4 large rubber orange hi way cones. There is a knife holder on the side. It works great. My wife and I butchered 36 in a long Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom