day old chicks with week olds?

sniper338

Songster
9 Years
Dec 15, 2013
San Antonio, Texas
Yall ever put em both together in the brooder? The week olds are good and strong runnig around eating, the day/2 day olds are still in that move around and take a nap phase, or just lay down and alert phase... not quite to the on their feet running yet...

Yes, it's fine to put them together, up to a month age difference.

However, keep a close eye on them until they become used to each other.

The very most important thing is to make certain the brooder is larger enough to accommodate them all. If the babies flopping in place and dozing are trampled because the brooder lacks space, then you could see serious problems.

What is your heat source? The heating pad system would be ideal for a mixed age group.

You can probably combine them when the young ones are good and mobile, perhaps day 3.
I've integrated chicks with much wider age disparity but I have huge brooding areas.

Yes, it's fine to put them together, up to a month age difference.

However, keep a close eye on them until they become used to each other.

The very most important thing is to make certain the brooder is larger enough to accommodate them all. If the babies flopping in place and dozing are trampled because the brooder lacks space, then you could see serious problems.

What is your heat source? The heating pad system would be ideal for a mixed age group.

Its a gqf brooder... heat sources are the 2 deals above... they seems to be traching the younger ones how to become a chick better, and keep them going on their feet longer instead of napping... when they do get stepped on they jump back up to their feet... maybe it will get them going better... i have electrolights and pro biotics in their water to help...

Back
Top Bottom