Lock down for the newbie day 18

hunter801

In the Brooder
Jan 21, 2016
Day 18 just got done candling my eggs.well. 3 I could see more air so I tossed them.the rest just a little air pocket not much.Should I be seeing what I say looks like a big black glob in the eggs? This is my very first time trying to hatch.can't wait!!

Have you candled them before day 18? You should have seen veins and now you should certainly be seeing some movement and yes lots of black. What color are the eggs?

A lot of americanas. And the rest just brown my flock is going to be mutts because I bred my hens with the New Jersey giant. Going to be interesting to see what I get. & I didn't see any movement when candling this time that I did at day 15

Last edited:
If they are true Ameraucana, they will have the blue egg. In that case, the shell is super hard to see through. I candle at day 7 and i can see veins and a dot. Then, as you candle later in the game, you will see a shadow bouncing around like crazy inside the egg. Day 18 you may not see much movement when candling because of the chick being slightly crowded. Do you have pictures? Did it look like this?

Well at 8pm tonight will be day 20 I have 1 chick starting hey journey out of the shell no other jailbreaking but one so I may get a hatch so excited for me

Last edited:
I keep looking but the one that's breaking out hasn't went any further than what I seen at 8 o'clock this morning should I be worried. I'm keeping my humidity at about 62% is that too low should I open my locked down and add more any help would really really help for this newbie

Back
Top Bottom