Got my very first egg

I know exactly how you feel. I got my first egg in December. Only one chicken has started laying. I'm about going blind each day trying to see if any of the others have started. My first to lay is an Olive Egger named Blackie. My grandchildren love to go in and collect her egg. Enjoy all the new egg recipes you can try....make sure to tell friends to save you egg cartons.

Its always a great day when a chicken lays her first egg - i have 5 sisters, one of whom has laid and the others are just about to lay so i go to the coop regularly with baited breath to see if her other siblings have decided to get their fingers out and lay. I'm hoping to have 9-10 eggs a day by the end of the month, which will be great.

All the best
CT

I really understand, I have 12 ladies and they will be all different colors. My first has been the olive egg but can,t wait to see the others. I wanted them to be different for my grand children. This has been a lot of fun.

I think it was my buff orpington, but then again it was small so it might have been my Americana

New eggs tend to be a bit on the small side but they'll get bigger in time. That's great you got your first egg! Congratulations
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom