HELP HELP HELP

Do you mean constantly fighting or just a few spats here and there? It may help to know a little more about how you keep your chickens, e.g. free range, coop, coop with run and sizes thereof, other flock members etc. Photos of the little tinkers may also help.

Cheers
CT

I got 2 RIR & 2EE, you'd think the two RIR would stick together as would the two EE. Not really, Tawny (EE) & Rojo (RIR) are a pair while Dusk (EE) & Ehu (RIR) hang out. However the two RIR will pair off now and then. The EE are another story, Tawny bullies Dusk! I know she's the "alpha", tends to "stand out" while the other 3 grub together. Tawny will pick on Dusk who defends herself but I've never seen her challenge anyone. The order is Tawny, Rojo, Ehu & Dusk although I'd say that later two are even. I'm waiting for the day Dusk turns on Tawny. This happens only when they're out of their Run/Coop, in the Run/Coop they're fine.

I'm letting them sort things out, no one's been hurt nor loss of feathers but IF it gets serious, it'll be "time out".

You seem to have a good plan in place already, so all is well.

Two sisters of my flock had a hum dinger yesterday for a few minutes - i guess it was just a challenge from the lower order one and she was put in her place in a matter of a minute!

All the best
CT

They live in a coop and run. There two buff orpingtons are fighting and I have two bantams with them. Please help should I take one out from the coop.

I'm confused here - its seems another member responded in a manner that made me think it was the OP responding.

In the absence of responses to my initial questions, yep, take one of them out and put it in chicken prison for a while. But it may be worth considering what the causes may be - it could be overcrowding, boredom, lack of sufficient food stations etc etc.

CT

I give them over 15 square feet per bird, refill there water every second day, and they have free access to food,I think this chicken will be my next meal

Sometimes you just get a mean one. I had a columbine who decided she was boss and mean with it, I put her in with my dad's established birds for a few weeks, they wouldnt take any nonsense from her as the newcomer and when I brought her home a month later she was as good as gold! Apart from that though I would probably keep her seperate for a while, 'chicken prison' is a brilliant term!

Sorry if I'm not doing this right idk how to post but my chicken got attacked by a hawk yesterday. She's eayi g and drinking and walking fine but she has this thing hanging out of her rear end like she poop her inside out I've been told to put her down I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing

Back
Top Bottom